accident (pt 2)

jason's pov

"Oh hell no." I heard Scott say.

Shit.

Mitch gave me another kiss quickly and pulled away, looking into my eyes and then looking to the source of the voice.

"I'm sorry, do you know him?" He asked me.

scott's pov

Mitch looked back at me, confused.

"Mitch?" I asked. "What is this?"

"Um, I'm not sure I've ever met you before."

The doctors did say there was a chance of amnesia. Shit.

I sighed. "Can I talk to Jason for a minute?"

"Sure." Mitch said.

Jason stood up, and I walked him to his bedroom and locked the door.

"You took advantage of him."

"I wouldn't call it-"

"You took advantage of him because he didn't remember me."

"Again, I wouldn't call it-" Jason said.

"You told him you two were in a relationship? And tricked him into thinking you two were still in one?" I asked. "What kind of person does that make you, Jason? Are you happy with yourself?"

"I-"

I walked out of his bedroom, locking eyes with Mitch once I got into the living room and sitting down next to him.

"Hi. I'm Scott." I put my hand out for him to shake, and he did. "Jason over here lied to you, and this is probably going to confuse you."

"Okay," he said.

"You broke up with Jason about a year ago when he cheated on you. About a month or two later, we started dating."

"Okay."

"We didn't just start out like that, though. We met about three years ago and became friends first. We weren't super close as friends before we started to go out on dates."

"So Jason lied?"

I nodded. "He still had some of your stuff from when you lived over here."

"I thought these jeans were a little big on me." He laughed. "Take me home?"

"I'm going to take you to your parents house."

"I guess we don't live together, then?"

"No, we do. I'm taking you to your parents house because as far as your memory is concerned right now, you don't know me. Maybe you've met me once or twice. I don't know. I don't want to push you into anything. You don't even have to date me again if you don't want to." I said, my heart sinking.

"O-okay." He nodded. "I really do need a visit to my mom and dad's." He said.

"Alright. Let's get you there."

I took him to his parents house, talking about his relationship with Jason and how it ended, and how ours began and how it's been growing ever since.

"Oh my god, Mitch." Nel ran up to hug her son, crying into his shoulder. "You're okay. You're alive."

"I'm alright, mom. Just some memory loss." Mitch pulled away from the hug, smiling. He turned around and looked at me. "Can you come over tomorrow?"

"I think you need some time with your-"

"I fell in love with you for some reason. I can do it again."