nerf guns

summary: scott arrives at the front door of his house to see a nerf gun and a note saying that Mitch has one as well

~

I took my keys out of my pocket and stopped in my tracks when I stepped on something.

A nerf gun.

Taped to it, was a note.

Scotty,
Good luck.

-Mitch

I laughed as I grabbed it and unlocked the door.

I threw my keys on the counter and ran behind the couch, ducking behind it.

I slowly stood up, seeing a brown pair of eyes meet mine from behind the recliner.

I smiled widely. He's too funny.

I ducked back behind the couch and heard some movement in the living room. Without looking, I shot him.

"Shit," I heard Mitch mumble, and then laugh.

I stood up and he shot me, and then he started running.

"Grassi, I'm gonna get you." I laughed, chasing him into the kitchen.

"Not it I get you first," he said, shooting me again.

I shot him and he glared at me.

"Oh, it's on." I said.

We ran around the apartment for another fifteen minutes, shooting each other until he completely ran out of darts and I only had two left.

"Damn it," I mumbled, aiming to shoot Mitch but missing when he dodged.

"Call it a tie, then?" Mitch said, standing up slowly.

"Oh I wouldn't say the battle's over, yet." I walked over to where he was standing, and started to tickle his sides.

He started to giggle, his dimples showing when he smiled as he laughed.

"Please stop," he whined, falling to the floor as he surrendered.

I smiled down at him, sitting down, leaning on the wall with him.

His cheeks were red from all of the laughing, and his hair was messy from the nerd fun battle.

But what I couldn't stop staring at, were his lips.

Before I knew what I was doing, I was leaning in to Mitch and kissing him.

I kissed him for a few seconds before I pulled back quickly.

"I'm sorry, I gave in, we shouldn't-" I started, but Mitch interrupted me by pulling my shirt in and kissing me.

I kissed back, and he slid his tongue in my mouth and we fought for dominance before he claimed it.

We pulled away, resting our foreheads on each others to catch our breath.

"Oh god, I'm so in love with you." I said, panting.

Mitch smiled, pulling away from me.

"I'm in love with you too." He made eye contact and swept his bangs behind his ear. "I knew it when we wrote light in the hallway together. When we got emotional writing it, that's when I knew. I love you."

"I've been in love with you since I was sixteen."

"That's when you came out."

"I know." I cracked a smile.

"You had a crush on me."

"Still do."

He blushed.

"You're so beautiful." I said, lacing our fingers.

"Kiss me," he whispered. "Please."

I caressed his cheek and kissed him gently. "I love you." I whispered back.

He laughed lightly, kissing my nose. "Not as much as I love you, Scott."

I managed to grab my nerd gun and use my last dart to hit him.

"Round 2?"