maybe

Maybe Scott woke up in a bad mood this morning.

He just wanted to get some more sleep, but he couldn't. He was on tour. He hadn't been getting enough sleep for a long time.

So, when Mitch tried to take Scott to Chick Fil A for the first time, Scott wasn't feeling it.

Maybe Scott started yelling.

"Scott, this stuff is heaven on earth. I swear. Besides, we're in the east. We don't have very many Chick Fil A's in LA."

"Mitch, I'm really not feeling well today."

"Oh come on Scott, you'll thank me later."

"I said I don't want to!" Scott yelled, louder than expected.

He felt like he should apologize, but he just couldn't get the words out.

"Fine, someone's bitchy." Mitch muttered, rolling his eyes.

Maybe it wasn't just that Scott was tired.

Scott watched as Travis snuck up behind Mitch, Mitch being clueless.

Ever since they got back together, Scott lost that sparkle in his eyes. Nobody know why though, because it would just be too weird to have feelings for your best friend.

Travis wrapped his arms around Mitch's waist, a confused look painted on Mitch's face before he turned around.

"Babe!"

He took Travis' face in his hands and kissed him passionately, and a small part of Scott wondered what it would be like if that was him instead of Travis.

And for a second there, maybe Scott regained the sparkle in his eyes.

One night, Scott came home to an empty hotel room. Mitch had left one of his shirts on Scott's bed, but Scott wanted to sleep more than anything.

When he rolled over onto the shirt and took in Mitch's scent, he knew he was in love with Mitch.

He wished that Mitch was in his arms right then.

Maybe Scott was in love with Mitch.

And maybe that was okay.

On the last day of tour, Pentatonix went out to a party to celebrate.

A surprise party.

Esther had gotten the gang to the venue, and all of their friends were there.

They were all overtired, so when Mitch saw the surprise, he laughed so hard he cried.

The tears were streaming down his face, his hand covering his mouth.

Scott couldn't help but blush when he saw Mitch so happy.

But when they got drunk and they kissed that night, they both felt sparks.

Maybe Mitch told Travis about the kiss.

And maybe Travis didn't take it well.

Travis slapped Mitch across the face, leaving a red mark on his cheek.

"Why did you let that happen?!"

"I was fucking drunk, Travis!" Mitch cried. "I don't even know why it happened."