autumn walks

"Scott, it's really starting to look like fall, isn't it?" Mitch held his coffee in both hands. They were walking back to their apartment from Starbucks when they realized the weather was nice and that they'd rather extend the walk to their park.

"Yeah," Scott said. "I just want to jump in all of the leaves."

"Don't you dare, Hoying."

"That just motivates me even more," Scott ran a few feet ahead of Mitch and grabbed the top of a pile of leaves, throwing them in the air.

Mitch kept on walking at his normal pace, as he rolled his eyes at Scott. Although, he thought it was kind of cute, especially when Scott was wearing his beanie.

"C'mon, babe." Scott extended his hand out to Mitch to grab it.

Mitch grabbed it, just walking at his normal pace, managing to pull Scott back to his side.

"That's not what I meant." Scott looked over at Mitch.

"I know," Mitch laughed.

"Just have some fun with me."

"But coffee."

"Fun."

"Coffee."

Scott and Mitch had been dating for about two months now, and they've been happier than ever. They've been best friends for way longer, though.

Scott let go of Mitch's hand and grabbed a handful of leaves, proceeding to throw them at Mitch.

Mitch honestly thought Scott was being extremely adorable right now, but he wouldn't give in.

"You're acting like such a child," he sipped his coffee.

"I'm just a big child." Scott shrugged. "Be a child with me."

"No."

"Please?"

Mitch sighed. "Fine."

Mitch threw his now finished coffee in the garbage, and Scott grabbed his hand and started to run through the leaves. Luckily they had both woken up early, so there was nobody else in the park.

Mitch squealed when Scott picked him up bridal style as he continued running.

"Scott Hoying. Put me down this instant!"

"Hm. Let me think. No." Scott kept running.

"Scoooooott!" Mitch covered his eyes.

Scott finally stopped running and put Mitch down, where the ground was completely covered in leaves.

They both had fun running and throwing the leaves at each other, not even caring that they were two adults in their twenties.

They only stopped when Scott saw Mitch's cheeks were flushed pink from the cold.

"You cold, love?" Scott asked.

"A little." Mitch shrugged.

"Want to go back home? We can go inside and make some hot chocolate if you want."

"Sure." Mitch smiled and laced his fingers with Scott's. He gave Scott a quick peck on the cheek before they started walking.

"What was that for?" Scott asked.

"Because I'm happy."

Scott placed his arms around Mitch's waist and closed the gap between them, and Mitch wrapped his arms around Scott's neck.

"How about now?" Scott said, once they pulled away.

"Happier." Mitch blushed. "Damn, Autumn is romantic."