little ways of saying "i love you"

Scott had no idea there were so many ways to say "I love you," until he and Mitch started dating. They didn't even have to be verbal, either.

-

Like when Mitch had that nasty head cold. He lost his voice because he was coughing so much, so there wasn't a way he could say it verbally.

So, when Scott was going to bed one night, he told Mitch he loved him, and Mitch grabbed one of Scott's hands and jumped up on his tiptoes to kiss Scott quickly before they went to bed.

-

And there was the time when Mitch dyed his hair purple. He was feeling self conscious about it, and was considering dying it back. The only thing stopping him was the damage that had been done to his hair already.

So, when Scott told him to meet him at a restaurant later that evening, Mitch walked into the restaurant to see Scott with red hair.

Mitch couldn't stop laughing, but Scott couldn't stop smiling at the thought that his love was happy.

-

Of course there was ways to tell each other, even when they didn't necessarily need it.

-

When Scott and Mitch started sharing a bed, for example.

Scott would wrap his arms around Mitch, every night, and sing to him. Sometimes, Mitch would harmonize with him. It's one of the sweetest things Mitch says that Scott does for him. It just makes him feel-at home.

-

One time, Mitch planned a movie night in for the two, and he couldn't stop staring at Scott the entire time.

"What, do I have something on my face, love?" Scott asked.

Mitch shook his head.

"What is it, then?" The taller male asked, confused.

"I don't know. I'm just so lucky to have you, and I was just thinking about that. I mean, you're all that I could ever want and more."

Scott laughed lightly, covering his face in his hands.

"No, don't hide your blush. It's so cute." Mitch moved Scott's hands, and kissed his nose.

-

And then there were the hallmark moments.

-

"Mitch!" Scott ran over to his boyfriend.

"What?"

"C'mere."

"What's going on, love?" Mitch asked.

"Just c'mere."

"I'm already here."

"No, look."

"That's just a mirror, hon."

"You see him in the mirror?" Scott had his arms around Mitch's waist now.

"Mhm."

"That's who I'm fortunate enough to call my boyfriend."

"Oh really?" Mitch laughed.

"Mhm. And I have no idea how I deserve you."

Mitch laced his fingers in Scott's and turned around to face him.

"You're such a dork." Mitch placed a giggly kiss onto Scott's lips.

-

But, they're favorite way to say "I love you," was actually saying it.

-

For example, the first time.

They were at a small breakfast cafe on a random Sunday morning, they'd been dating for a few weeks, and Scott had told a joke, leading to Mitch's contagious (yet not as contagious as Kevin's) laughter.

The blonde was looking at the smaller of the two, his eyes closed and his mouth open in a laugh.

This feeling I've been feeling for a while- is this what love feels like? Scott thought to himself.

Scott looked into Mitch's eyes and smiled.

This is love. It has to be.

"What?" Mitch asked.

"Nothing," Scott tried to brush the feeling off. They were taking things slow, he didn't want to rush it.

"Samantha. You're my best friend. Well, more than my best friend. You can tell me anything." The younger male stated.

"It's nothing, I swear."

"If I tell you my secret, will you tell me yours?"

Scott reluctantly agreed.

"I know we're taking things slow, but this has been biting at me for a while. But I just want you to know that I've been in love once-and I think I'm falling in love with you."

Scott almost choked on his food. "What?"

"Actually, no. I'm not falling in love with you, I've already fallen in love with you. I love you, Scott."

"I-I love you too. That's what was on my mind. I thought it was too early to be feeling love, I guess not." Scott had tears forming in his eyes.

"Oh my god, I thought you were dying or something. Thank god." Mitch leaned over the table, tears in his eyes as well, and kissed his partner, despite the stares.

-

mwAH