mood ring

short short short

Mitch and I were at the drugstore getting a birthday present for Kirstie. A gag gift. Then, we were going to get her real gift.

We were looking through the shelves when he tried on some sunglasses and started modeling in them.

We'd just started dating not even a week before, and I was just getting used to the fact that I could cuddle him whenever I want, kiss him whenever I want, etc.

He laughed when he tripped during his model walk and put the sunglasses back.

"Ooh, there's a mood ring." He said, picking it up. "Fifteen dollars? That better work." He laughed.

"Here, I'll try it on and see if it's accurate." I smirked, slipping it onto my right ring finger.

It turned red.

"That means you're-" Mitch stopped to read the tag with the key on it. "In love."

"I-uh-" I scratched the back of my neck.

"What, are you in love, Scott?" He joked.

"Of course not. I mean, it's only been a week since we started dating." I spat, taking the ring off of my finger as fast as I could.

He went from a smile, to confused.

"Scott?"

I sighed.

Mitch's face fell, taking in my reactions to his questions.

"You're in love with someone else." He spoke, quiet. "Fucking already."

"No, I'm not, Mitch-"

"Then what's going on, Scott? I can't handle drama in a relationship. I don't want to be like this-

"It's you." I mumbled.

"What?" He snapped. "Speak up."

"It's you. I'm in love with you, Mitch. I know it's a little early to say in the relationship and I understand if you're creeped out and want to end it, but-"

"Aww, Scott!" Mitch cried. He stepped closer to me before whispering "I love you too," on my lips and kissing me.

We bought the mood ring.