apologies

Scott woke up in the middle of the night for the third time this week, walking into the couple's shared bathroom, silently crying.

He couldn't keep his secret from Mitch anymore. He just couldn't.

It's not like he had lied to his fiancé or anything, the topic had never come up.

Well, it's not like it was just going to come up naturally. "Oh yeah. The other night I got drunk and made out with Alex. Want some coffee?" It wasn't like that.

And when he told Mitch, things might never be the same again.

But, he had to tell him. He decided that he would tell him not tomorrow, but Thursday. It gave him a day to prepare.

~

"Hey, Scott." Mitch got on his tiptoes to kiss his soon-to-be husband's lips. "I made you some salad, I know you're trying to be healthy."

"Thanks," Scott sat down at the table, and Mitch sat
across from him.

If there's anything Mitch could do the best, it was make healthy food taste good. He had this homemade salad dressing that tasted like it had far too many calories, but in reality had a healthy amount.

"So, how was your day today?" Scott asked, trying to keep things between the couple normal.

"Oh, the usual. I had a lot of tables but I didn't make shit for tips." Mitch said, referencing his server job. "$1 tacos bring the people in, not the money."

Scott laughed lightly. "I could never serve. Putting up with shitty people with a smile on your face all day, how do you do it?"

"I eat their leftovers in the kitchen." Mitch smiled.

"That's disgusting."

"Not in a split shift it isn't." Mitch took another bite of his salad.

"That's where you work two shifts in a day, right?"

"On the nose, love."

After they finished eating, they went to the couch and started to watch grease on Netflix.

Soon enough, Mitch fell asleep in Scott's arms, and not long after, Scott was asleep too.

~

Scott walked into Starbucks, and ordered he and his boyfriend their drinks. Mitch was waiting in the car, as usual, and once the drinks were in Scott's hands, he was walking back out to the parking lot.

"Ready, love?" Scott said, gripping the steering wheel.

Mitch nodded and Scott drove the two of them to the beach.

They had used some of the chairs provided, and they were getting their tan on when Mitch said something.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Scott took off his sunglasses, sat up, and looked to his right, to get a better look at his boyfriend.

"You-you what?" He stuttered.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you." Mitch reassured.

"Like-like get married?"

Mitch took off his sunglasses, and sat up, mirroring the bigger male's position.

"Yeah, like getting married."