first dance

"Babe," I said, walking into the living room.

"Hm?" Mitch looked up from his phone, locking it and setting it on the couch.

"I-I'm nervous about next week." I sat down beside him and laced our fingers.

"Why? You got the 'big ask' out of the way. And don't think I'll leave you at the altar." He smiled, and closed his eyes, leaning in and pecking my lips.

"Well I sure hope not," I laughed. "It was about the dance..."

Mitch stared at me.

"You know, the first dance."

He looked down. It took him a few seconds to process what I said.

"Oh." He looked up at me. "You've got nothing to be nervous about, babe." He gently traced his thumb on my hand.

"I'm afraid I'll trip or something, I don't know." I chuckled lightly.

"Scotty," Mitch stood. "I'll teach you. Get up."

I did as told, and he turned on the song we'd be dancing to-an acoustic version of "Crazy In Love."

He wrapped his arms around my neck, and I wrapped mine around his waist.

"Just follow my lead," he said softly. "It's not hard, I promise."

I was a little clumsy at first, but I got into the swing of it pretty quickly.

He leaned his head on my chest and reached his hand down to mine, holding it.

"I am so in love with you." He said. "I can't wait until the wedding."

I didn't say anything.

"I know. That was really cheesy."

"No, it was so cute." I laughed. "And I guarantee the wedding will be the happiest day of my life."

And it was.