new years eve

this one's a shortie, sorry

Scott's POV

We had gotten off of the stage after performing for "New Years Rockin' Eve," and once the cameras were on the next performer, I sighed.

"What's wrong, babe?" Mitch asked.

"Nothing, just nerves," I lied.

"Okay. Well, everyone's watching the stage, so," he kissed me on the cheek. "What's really going on?"

"I'm just afraid that someone's going to see us acting like a couple." I explained.

It wasn't that I didn't want to date Mitch, we had just decided not to tell the fans. So, if someone saw us, we were in trouble.

We just didn't want it to be a big deal, you know?

"Oh. Well, we won't let that happen, okay?" He grabbed my hand.

Mitch's POV

I bit my lip as we walked to the crowd, lacing my fingers in Scott's. There are a lot of people here, so we don't need to worry as much, because we're hidden in the crowd, and there are a lot of bigger artists here than us that people are worrying about.

Scott and I sang along with the songs all night, watching all of the performers and waving to the cameras every time we saw them.

It was cold, one of the colder days of the winter that was warm this year, so I'd press my body against Scott's because he's naturally warm.

"Five,"

Only now I was thinking about a New Year's kiss. It's Scott and I's first New Year's Eve together, I wanted to make it special.

"Four,"

I looked at him as he counted down. The moonlight shone against his face and made his skin glow.

"Three,"

I wanted to kiss him.

"Two,"

But I couldn't.

"One!"

The ball dropped and confetti flew everywhere. A sign that read "2016" in lights finally lit up.

And then, Scott grabbed my face and kissed me passionately. I kissed back, of course, and placed my hands on his cheeks, not worrying who saw.

If only we knew that the cameras were on us.