hopelessly devoted to you

the video is what inspired the song scott is singing. i love the arrangement he did and i think Scott would kill it.

I walked into the hotel room, not knowing if Scott was asleep or not, so I opened the door slowly. I was thankful I did, because I heard him playing the piano and singing. He'd never do that in front of me.

I snuck behind him, lucky he didn't notice me. He gets nervous singing for me, so this was the closest I'd be getting to that.

"Hopelessly devoted, to you, ooooh, hopelessly devoted to you." He finished.

"Good job, Scooter." I ruffled his hair and pulled up a chair to where he was playing the keyboard he brought.

"Oh my god," he blushed. "How long were you here?"

"Long enough." I smiled. "It sounded really great. You should sing it at one of our concerts sometime."

"Can I be honest with you about something?"

"Mhm."

"I'm gonna sing it at tonight's concert."

"Awesome, Scottie! You sound really good."

"To you."

"What?"

"I'm going to sing it to you. And then I'm going to tell you about my feelings for you."

"Feelings? What feelings?"

"I'm in love with you."

"Wh-What?" I asked, shocked.

"I'm in love with you. My feelings aren't new, but the realization is. I'm telling you now, because I can cancel the song if you don't feel the same, or if your reaction is crazy, I don't know." He looked down and bit his lip.

This is happening. The man that I spend my life with, the man I dream of kissing and spending the rest of my life with, the man that I love-he just confessed his love to me.

"It's dumb to think you'd ever love me back, I hope this doesn't change anything, it was stupid, wow."

"Scottie."

"Mitch, I get it, I don't know why I thought-"

"Scott."

"What?"

I leaned in and kissed him, pushing the thoughts he was having away. I placed his hands on his shoulders, and he placed his hands on my waist, pulling me closer.

We broke the kiss, resting our foreheads against each others.

"Finally." I said, pecking his lips. "I've always wanted to do that."

~

This concert, we had decided to all sing solos, but since I "wasn't a part" of Scott's, I was backstage. I had sang graveyard right before this, and Scott and I had a surprise for the audience for his solo.

"Any of you guys ever seen grease?" He asked. The audience cheered in response, something they'd been doing for everything any of us say.

"Well, this should sound familiar."

He had Kirstie, Avi, and Kevin doing backup instead of a piano this time.

He sang the first verse, and some of the audience sang along with him. Theatre kids are part of our audience, I guess.

"Hopelessly devoted to you, but now-"

When he started the chorus, I walked out to the stage, singing with him. (and to him.) I was singing a higher harmony, making it a duet.

"There's nowhere to hide, Since you pushed my love aside, I'm out of my head, Hopelessly devoted to you, Hopelessly devoted to you, oooh, hopelessly devoted to you."

We ended the song there, after the first verse and the first chorus. I walked over to him so we were standing side by side, grabbed his hand, and kissed his cheek.

I heard multiple things in the audience, such as "Scomiche!" But it was mostly screams.

Just so that we wouldn't keep on "confusing" the fans, Scott gently grabbed my chin, pulled it to his face, and kissed me.

~

After the concert, Scott and I were in our hotel room, on the bed.

I was on my phone, wearing my glasses, because I hate wearing my contacts at night.

I saw out the corner of my eye that Scott was looking at me.

"What?" I locked my phone, and looked at him.

"Nothing." Scott chuckled to himself.

"No, what?" I asked, turning towards him.

"It's just that-" he turned towards me. "You're beautiful. And I can't believe that I'm yours."

"And I'm yours, too." I said softly. "I love you."

"I love you too," he kissed me. "Now get some sleep. You'll need it for this tour."

That night I fell asleep the happiest I'd been in a while.