kirstin's gonna get it

I woke up to the beautiful view that I get to see every morning, except today he was still asleep. Normally he was the one waking me up, by singing or rubbing my back gently.

"Hey, sleeping beauty," I said, noticing my throat hurt as I spoke.

Oh shit. I'm sick. I knew this would happen.

"Mm," he hummed, whispering 'ow,' right after. He must be sick, too.

"Your throat sore, love?" Shit.

He nodded.

"Mine too." I said, and then sneezed. "I think we're both sick." I laughed.

"You were right." He said. "I need to stop talking. It hurts." He coughed for a few seconds. "Kirstin's gonna get it."

"She's the one who got us like this. The rain didn't help last night, though, did it?"

Mitch laughed and shook his head no.

I texted Kirstin.

Riff King: i hate you

Queen Kirst: why?

Riff King: you got Mitch and i sick, you turd

Queen Kirst: lol sorry not sorry

Riff King: i want to die

Queen Kirst: you haven't even got the worst of it

Riff King: you suck

Queen Kirst: you loooooove me

Riff King: bye

I placed my phone back on the bedside table and grabbed the tissue box, sticking it between me and Mitch.

He grabbed a tissue and blew his nose. "Stop staring at me."

"I can't help it. You're cute. We should hang out sometime."

"I'm not cute when I'm blowing my nose!" Mitch laughed.

"You're cute all the time. Come here."

Mitch rolled over into my arms, a little too quick for his pace.

"I think I got the whole flu. Not just a cold from the rain. That made me dizzy." Mitch said, breathing heavily.

"Let me grab you some water," I let him out of my grasp, standing up.

A wave of dizziness took over me and I sat back down, immediately.

"I got it, too. I can't stand up."

"Kirstin can't take care of us." Mitch said, as I took him in my arms, I felt him shake.

"You're shivering, love."

"I'm sweating, too. I don't understand."

"It's called the flu."

Mitch turned over so that he was facing me, and wrapped his arms around me, as well. He put his face into my neck. "We need to find someone to take care of us. We can't just sit here."

I chuckled because of the feeling of the vibrations of his voice agains me. "Who should we call?"

"Kirst is still sick, Kevin and Avi are in Colorado....." Mitch rambled.

"Alex," I said.

"Call him."

I shifted so that I was laying on my back, and Mitch shifted so that he was laying on my chest. I broke into a fit of coughs on the way, though. Breathing weird could make that happen.

"Aw, babe. Let me talk to Alex. You just breathe, hun, okay?" Mitch said, taking my phone from me.

He dialed Alex's number.

"Hey, Alex." He sneezed. "Yeah, Kirst gave Scott and I the flu. Could you just bring some things over? We need some movies, tissue boxes, cough syrup, what else, Scott?"

"Water, food."

"Water, food, anything else you think we may need."

He finished the conversation and hung up, putting my phone on his bedside table and resting on my chest.

~

alex pov

"Scott? Mitch? I'm here." I knocked on the door for now the third time.

"Screw it," I mumbled, grabbing the key from my pocket.

I opened the door and set the bags that I brought for them down on the table right their bed.

Oh. They're sleeping.

Scott was laying on his back, one arm bent above his head, the other arm on Mitch's back, and Mitch was asleep on Scott's chest, one hand behind him, one hand on Scott's chest.

I took a picture of them and sent it to Scott's phone with a message.

Allie: your things are by your bed. didn't want to wake you. you two are so cute asleep. let me know if you need anything else.

The ding woke Scott up. He tried to sit up and broke into a fit of coughs, cursing under his breath when that woke Mitch up.

"Sorry, love." Scott said. "Sleep some more if you want."

Mitch closed his eyes again, falling asleep quickly.

Scott kissed his hair.

"Thank you, Alex." He mouthed.

I shot him a thumbs up and whispered, "Hope you feel better soon," before leaving.

~
scott pov

I felt Mitch moving on me and I looked down. "Hey, love."

"Hey," he said. "This sucks."

"If you think about it, it doesn't."

"What do you mean?"

"We can both take off work for the week, and I get to hold you all that I want."

"But I feel like shit."

"I do too. How are you feeling?"

"I'm freezing, I have a headache, and my throat hurts like hell."

"Me too. We'll get better soon."

Mitch kissed my cheek.

I kissed his lips.

And for the next week, I got to hold him all I wanted. Once we were better, it was hard to let go of him so he could go to work.

hate the ending but love love love sick scomiche