you will

"Please don't hit me," I said, backing up against the wall, "I didn't do anything-"

"I told you that you couldn't wear that to your party, Mitch." Jared said, walking closer to me. "You're lucky that I even let you go!"

"Jared, please." I said. "I'm sorry." I said, sitting down against the wall, my voice shaky.

"Mitch, you have to listen to me or this isn't going to work." Jared said. "Fucking look at me when I talk to you!"

I continued to look down.

I felt a hand against my face followed by a tear streaming down my cheek.

"Are you even listening to me? Fucking hell, Mitch!"

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and texted Scott our code word that we had in case of an emergency we needed to get out of.

m: could you tell my brother that i left the water running

s: mitch you don't have a brother
s: oh
s: fuck
s: i'm coming, mitch

I deleted the texts that he sent to me, in fear that Jared would see them.

"That's it, Mitch, you're getting punished." He grabbed my hand and dragged me to the bedroom.

Soon enough he was forcing my pants and shirt off, and I couldn't take it.

"Stop crying. Why the hell are you crying. Stop!"

More pain to my cheek.

I felt a hand squeeze mine, and Jared stopped what he was doing.

"Hoying. What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I'm getting Mitch away from you." Scott said, calmly. "You don't treat him right."

"Sure I do."

"Tell that to the bruises on his face." Scott snapped.

Jared paused, having a moment of realization.

And soon, I was leaving his apartment, Scott's arm around my shoulders.

Once we were in his car, he locked the door.

"Are you okay? Did he get anywhere with you?" He asked.

I shook my head no, a single tear falling down my face.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. You're out of there." He smiled. "You never have to go back there if you don't want to. What was he mad at you for?"

"I wore something that he didn't let me wear to Avi's party." I looked into those blues of his.

"What?" Scott blinked. "Let you?"

I nodded.

"Mitch?" Scott asked. "He has to approve of the things you wear?"

"Well, yeah." I said. "That's just-"

"He shouldn't have to do that," Scott said, "you deserve better."

"That's just how a relationship works, Scott." I said.

"Not in my experience," Scott said, "sure, I may not like it, but I'm not gonna tell him not to wear it."

I nodded.

Scott started the car and started to drive.

"Mitch, you deserve so much better than him," he said, "you deserve everything. You deserve kisses in the morning and to wear whatever you want. You deserve to laugh every day and to be spoiled."

Another tear fell down my face. "I can't find that person, Scott."

"You will," he said, "eventually."

~

PART TWO COMING SOON!!!!1!!!!

also video of me singing soon!!