A Teenage Romance

((((( AUTHORS NOTE: Obvi based on the song cuz it's a fuckin bop innit lads. XD )))))

~ Your POV ~

You walk down the bustling streets, keeping your head down, trying your best not to trip over your own, or anybody else's, feet as you speed walk towards the library. You hug your books closer to your chest, and use all your strength to keep your breathing rate normal, you've never been particularly good on crowds. You reach the library doors, and release a sigh of relief, a wide smile spreading across your face as you push them open with your remaining effort. As the doors close, the sounds of the busy town outside is cute off completely, and you are left in the silence of the library. You feel your entire body relax, as you make your way over to an isolated desk beside the romance novel section. You wave politely at the librarian, and she smiles sweetly at you, the two of you have been well acquainted since you were in high school, because you would come here almost everyday after school to escape from all the noise of the outside world. The library has been your happy place for a very long time. You fall into a chair, and display your books out on the desk in front of you as neatly as you can, settling down and opening one of your all time favourite books. Just as you reach the second chapter, you hear the library door creak open, the chattering from the town outside leaking into your quiet sanctuary for a few moments, before being shut out again. You hear men laughing quietly, and you tense up.
"Dude, why are we even in here?" One of them asks in a, surprisingly loud, whisper.
"I just need to see if they've still got it in here, or if it's been moved..." A vaguely familiar voice mutters, as it gets closer to you.
You fall back into your book, and let it consume you. That is, until a man appears at the opposite end of the romance section, brushing his finger gently along the spines of the books, scanning each of them for titles. He sighs, sounding disappointed, before strolling over to the desk.
"Hey, there used to be a super old copy of Romeo And Juliet over there, do you know where it's gone? Where I could find it?" He asks, and your breath catches in your throat.
"Im afraid that book was bought, quite a while ago actually, by a regular visitor to this library. One of our most dedicated customers, in fact!" The librarian explains.
You start shaking.
"Can you tell me who bought it? Please, it's really important." The man pleads.
The librarian laughs "Of course, she's sat just over there!"
You feel someones burning gaze on your back, and you snap your book shut. You quickly gather the rest of your books, and hold them up to your chest. You look up briefly, and make eye contact with him. You didnt want to admit it, you didnt think it could've been him, but you recognised his voice the moment you heard it.

We were both young when I first saw you.

You clear your throat, tearing your gaze away from him, to smile at the librarian weakly "I'll see you later, Im afraid something's come up." You explain hurriedly, before breaking for the door.
You cant say his name, you cant even think it, it hurts too much, you cant do it.
"(Y/N), wait!" He calls in an urgent whisper, only pushing you to move faster.
You push the doors open, and you're greeted by an almost dead street. Fucking perfect. You cant hide amongst the crowds of people, you'll have to run for it. Just as you're about to break off into a run, you hear your name being called again.
"(Y/N), please, let me talk to you!" He begs, and you can hear the desperation in his voice.
Your entire body freezes, you cant move, you can barely breathe. As your eyes close, you feel warm tears roll down your cheeks, and you know that you cant run away from him.

I close my eyes and the flashback starts:
I'm standing there on a balcony in summer air.

You were 15 the night you met him. You had no intention to go to that party, the idea practically horrified you. You intended to stay, sat on your balcony, one of your legs hanging over the edge, swinging in the air, and your nose buried deep in a book, as usual. Your addiction to the many fictional realities you have let yourself fall into will be your downfall, I swear.
Your mother appeared at your balcony door, and sighed "C'mon (Y/N), the party's about to start!"
You shook your head, not looking up from your book "Im not going."
Your mother was quiet for a moment, before she spoke up "Do you remember when I dragged you out shopping last week, and you stood staring at the same dress for 30 minutes straight, while I ran around trying to find you?"
You smiled slightly "Yeah, that would be the only dress I've ever actually liked."
"Well, guess what I've bought you to wear to the party tonight!?!" Your mother squealed excitedly.
You slammed your book shut, and ran past her, into your bedroom, to see the gorgeous dress, lying on your bed, waiting for you. There was no way you could avoid this party if you were given such a beautiful dress to wear, no matter how much you hated socialising.