Meeting Him Through A Friend #1

((((( AUTHORS NOTE: So this is from the Closer 2 Closure days, when Kellin had short hair and was in a smol band w his fren Brandon, who made lil acoustic vids w Kellin back in the day too. Brandon was also in sws for a very short time, so yeah. Imma put a vid here incase you havent seen Kellin w v short hair. You're welcs fam. Also, side note, Kellin actually quoted the tornado part of this video in a super recent video and I cried. XD )))))

You're just sitting on a bench eating ice cream with your best friend Brandon, it's an average day, nothing particularly eventful has happened thus far, not that anything spectacular usually happens to you. At the moment, you're just enjoying spending time with Brandon.
"So (Y/N), you remember Kellin, right?" Brandon asks you.
You roll your eyes "You mean your other best friend that you are constantly trying to set me up with, even though I've never met him?"
It's honestly ridiculous. Your best friend is trying to set you up with his other best friend, simply because his other best friend saw a picture of you and said he thinks you're beautiful. You were flattered when you were told, of course, and you asked Brandon to pass on a very grateful thank you to his other best friend Kellin, but other than that, the two of you have never made contact. You dont even stalk his MySpace.
"Yeah! That's the guy! Anyway, I really want you two to meet. I know you dont enjoy social interaction, but Kellin is a really nice guy, and I think the two of you will get along gre-" Brandon is cut off when his phone starts ringing. He raises an eyebrow, pulls it out of his pocket, flips it open-

( AYO ADAM AND EVE CALLED THEY WANT THEIR FLIP-PHONES BACK )

-and holds it to his ear.
"Hello? Oh, hey man! Whats up? Im just hanging out with (Y/N), eating ice cream, you know how it is. Oh...alright, I'll come by later to sort out the chords with you for that, Im stoked to hear it! Hey, are you free, like, right now? Well, I was thinkin', you could come hang out with (Y/N) and I, are you down? Sweet! Alright, we'll meet you at the park, see ya there man!" Then he hangs up, ending the call with Kellin. It's painfully obvious who he was talking to, c'mon.
Brandon turns to you and grins. You sigh "I swear to god Brandon."
"You'll thank me for this one day, trust me!" Brandon laughs at your reaction.
"Whatever man. I guess we'd better go meet this dude, c'mon." You pull yourself up from the bench and start heading to the park. Brandon jumps up and jogs over to walk beside you.

After a few minutes of walking, you find yourself sitting on a swing, kicking yourself off the ground with next to no effort. You arent exactly 'in the mood' for meeting new people. Especially not a guy who admitted he finds you attractive, because fuck knows what he's gonna think of you after this introduction, you're a moody bitch right now goddammit. You wish Brandon had asked if YOU were down for meeting his other best friend, but of course he didnt.

You arent waiting long, because soon enough you see a man pulling the park gate open and strolling in, Brandon practically flies over to him and the two of them talk briefly amongst themselves, then they turn to you, and the man that you guess is Kellin waves at you. You smile weakly and wave back in a way that makes it very clear just how socially anxious you are. Kellin turns back to Brandon and asks him something, which Brandon nods to, before leading Kellin over towards you. As soon as your eyes are able to focus on his face, you use all of your strength to hold your eyes in your sockets, and keep your jaw connected to the rest of your fucking skull.
He smiles at you as he walks closer "Hi, Im Kellin."
You clear your throat "(Y/N)...nice to meet you dude." Now you're even more awkward because he's really hot. God-fucking-dammit.
Kellins smile widens "You too."
Brandon senses the awkward silence that is about to happen, and quickly butts in "Hey, (Y/N), hows about we buy some redbull and-"
You jump to your feet "I AM FUCKING DOWN!"
Kellin laughs "Im guessing you like redbull?"
"THAT IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT." You correct him.
Brandon nods "It really is. Redbull is her shit, man. One time, she drank 4 cans in the space of 10 minutes, and she literally rode a fucking unicycle into my parents pool. We has the house to ourselves and as her best friend I am obligated to get her as hyper as possible." He explains.
Kellin laughs harder "Holy shit!"
Brandon smiles "Alright (Y/N), lets go get you some redbull, and then we'll head down to the arcades."
"Fine, but if they've gotten rid of ANY of the Golden Axe OR Streets Of Rage games, I will fucking murder everyone within a 5 mile radius, using only my redbull can." You warn the two men as you exit the park, already heading towards the closest store that sells redbull.
"Shit, she likes Golden Axe AND Streets Of Rage!?!" Kellin asks Brandon quietly.
"She's fucking obsessed with those games man, plays and completes all three games in both of those franchises whenever we visit the arcades, and she will not leave until she has." Brandon says.
"She's fucking rad!" Kellin exclaims, causing a smile to form on your lips. You werent meant to hear any of that, but holy fuck nuggets are you glad you did.

You are feeling pretty fucking ecstatic. You just downed your can of redbull, you've completed all three Golden Axe games, and you're already half way through the final Streets Of Rage game. Kellin was standing a few feet away from you on various different machines, but now he isnt even trying to hide the fact that he's watching over you to see if you actually are good at these games.
"USE YOUR SPECIAL ATTACK (Y/N)!" Kellin shouts as he jumps to your side, you are now on the final boss battle.
You shake your head and laugh dismissively "No, no, no, watch and learn, young Padawan." You precede to beat the shit out of the final boss until he only has 1 health bar left. You smirk, before using your special attack, which wipes him out completely.
"Holy fucking shit..." Kellin whispers in disbelief.
You turn to him as the credits for the final Streets Of Rage game scroll down the arcade machine "See, you have to end each game with your special attack, not only because it looks badass, but because it shows that you actually have the skill to beat any boss without your attack, but you CHOOSE to use it, because the special attacks are pretty fucking cool." You explain.
Kellin nods, his eyes wide as he clings to your every word, eager to learn your arcade gaming expert tips.
Brandon runs over to you "Kellin, your mom just called me-" Thats how you know a friendship is real, even your fucking mother has their number "-and she was shouting at me for keeping you out when you agreed to meet her for supper."
Kellin facepalms "Fuck sake! I completely forgot!" Kellin turns to you "Listen, uh, it was really cool meeting you, and I have LOVED hanging out with you. You're so much funnier than I expected, and you and I have so much in common. You're so much more beautiful in person than in your pictures. So, here-" He passes you a small note with his number on it "-call me sometime?"
You nod and smile at him "I'd love to, it was rad meeting you, and thanks man!"
Kellin grins at you "No problem! Now, I really gotta go!" He runs out of the arcades shouting "SEE YA BRANDON!"
Brandon places a hand on his chest "I cant believe this. You got a proper hardcore adorable goodbye, and all I got was a lame-ass shout as he left. Fucking rude."
You flip your hair over your shoulder "Guess Im just cooler than you!"
Brandon raises an eyebrow "Are you gonna take that back?"
"NOPE!" You shout at him and stick your tongue out, before running out of the arcades, Brandon hot on your heels, chasing you so that he can tickle you until you apologize, while you cling to the piece of paper with Kellins number on it, and you cant stop fucking smiling. Was is this? Some sort of fucking romance novel!?!