He Meets Your Dad

"Promise me you wont start anything with him?" You plead with your boyfriend Kellin, who will be meeting your father for the first time, in about 10 minutes.
"As long as he isnt a dick to you or me. Then again, after all the shit he's put you through already, I would happily beat that fucker unconscious." Kellin responds.
You sigh and hope to god that your father wont be a dick, for his sake, and for Kellins, because you know that Kellin is deadly serious when he says he'd beat your dad unconscious, but you also know that before he's able to do that your father will land a few considerable punches, and you cant stand the thought of someone hurting Kellin.

Kellin takes your hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze, smiling at you comfortingly, sensing your nerves "I'll try my best to control myself, I can promise you that."
You smile slightly, that'll help you manage this situation, and your anxiety, thank fuck. You lead Kellin to your front door and knock on it, suddenly wondering if this was a good idea, and whether you should just run away and call your father to inform him you are sick and sadly cant make it tonight. That'd work, if you couldnt already see him through the window in the door, which means he can see you. Fuck. There's no way out of this now. Goddammit. This is it.
The door swings open, and you expect to be greeted by your dad putting on his "happy" act, but he isnt. He doesnt smile at you, or at Kellin. Oh god, this is gonna be a long night.
"Come in." Your father mumbles, turning away from you and walking back inside the house.
Kellin turns to you and raises an eyebrow, as if to say 'What the fuck is wrong with this impolite prick!?!' and you just shrug, because you really dont know.

You calmly shut the door behind you as you and Kellin enter the house, then the two of you follow him into the living room and sit on the couch opposite to the one your father is sitting on. You wouldnt even be able to cut the tension in this room with a damn chainsaw. You feel your anxiety building up.
"So, Kellin, you're in a band?" Your father asks.
Kellin nods and smiles politely, which you are thankful for "Yes, I am."
"What role do you play in the band?" Your father continues.
"Im the lead vocalist and song writer." Kellin answers.
Your father nods, but you can see he isnt impressed. "I suppose singing is the easiest role, you dont have to learn to play any instruments, you dont need to be particularly intelligent to sing."
You quickly but in "Kellin can also play piano, trumpet, and a little guitar..."
Your father raises his eyebrows "Hmph." He changes the subject "So when exactly do you plan to get a real job? Your music career wont last forever, you need to start planning for the future, supplying for my daughter and yourself."
Kellins expression hardens, and you feel his hand tightening around yours "I can supply for your daughter and myself perfectly well, and, no offence, but I wouldnt try giving advise on how to care for a woman, considering the only one you have in your life is my gorgeous girlfriend, and you seem to think that beating that shit out of her is ok."
You close your eyes and brace for impact.
"Now that may be true, but I've been in her life a lot longer than you have, I know her a lot better than you do." You cringe, knowing how wrong he is.
Kellin laughs without humour "Oh, really!?! Ok, tell me this: what's her favourite colour? Her biggest fears? Favourite food? Favourite movie?"
Your father shakes his head "None of those things are important." You stare down at your legs.
Kellin tenses "Basic facts about your daughter arent important to you!?! Alright, just answer me this: when exactly is (Y/N)'s birthday?"
You lift your head to stare at your father in shock, he doesnt know your birthday!?! And how does Kellin know that your father doesnt know your birthday!?!
Your father looks confused. "I dont know, that isnt important."
Kellin scoffs "What's important that you DO know about your daughter!?!"
"I know whats best for her, and that you arent it." You feel the sudden urge to uppercut your father into the 84th dimension.
Kellin laughs "I've done a damn better job looking after her than you ever did, (Y/N) told me herself!"
"Guys, please...stop..." You plead quietly.
Your father shakes his head "No, stay out of this (Y/N). It seems your boyfriend and I have some issues we need to discuss. Kellin, care to take this outside?"
Kellin stands up "Gladly." He lets go of your hand.
You shake your head frantically as tears fill your eyes, the two men leave the room, and you hear the front door slam. You jump to your feet and run after them, when you get outside, you see Kellins lip already bleeding, and your father already has a black eye. Tears fill your eyes at how hurt Kellin is, because of you.

Your father lunges at Kellin, tackling him to the floor and punching him repeatedly. You scream at him, begging him to stop, literally on the verge of a panic attack. You hear Kellin cry out in pain, before he kicks your father where the sun doesnt shine, causing your father to collapse on the ground beside him, groaning in pain. Kellin takes some deep breaths, telling you how hurt he really is. He picks himself up and crawls over to your father, seeming so weak, you're suddenly struggling to breathe normally. Right as Kellin is about to punch your father again, you fall to the floor, clutching the fabric of your dress that covers your chest, as you are now unable to breathe. You try to breathe, but you cant, and you splutter frantically as you find yourself shaking feverishly. Kellin pulls his fist back and turns to you, hearing your coughing and replacing his anger with worry, as soon as he sees the state you're in, he crawls over to you hurriedly and wraps his arms around you protectively.
"Close your eyes baby, go to your happy place, it's ok, I've got you, you're ok, Im right here. Im sorry baby, I didnt know you were panicking, I wont let him hurt you, and I promise not to hurt him anymore, I wont do anything that'll cause you to have a panic attack, not ever. Im so sorry baby. It's ok now, you're safe, I've got you, calm down, breathe babygirl, just breathe." He comforts you as he holds you, you take some deep breaths, keeping in time with Kellin as he saves you from blacking out.
You bury your face in his neck and cry "Im s-so sorry he hurt you Kels, i-if I'd have k-known he would've down this I would've come alone!"
"But...if you'd come alone...baby, he would've hurt you." Kellin concludes, sounding shocked.
You nod into his neck "B-Better me than you."
Kellins arms tighten around you as his protectiveness of you grows "No babygirl, I wont ever let him hurt you again, you're safe with me, I promise to keep you safe, from anyone and anything that threatens to harm you. I love you, and Im sorry for making you cry."
You play with his hair to calm yourself "It's ok, it wasnt your fault babe, I love you too, and thank you."
Your father clears his throat as he stands and brushes himself off, wiping his face. Kellins breathing hitches and he stands up, pulling you with him and moving you so that you are behind him. You cling to his hand. "After much consideration, I have decided that I support your relationship."
Kellin scoffs "Your opinion on our relationship doesnt mean shit to either of us!"
"And that why I support it, because you will protect her no matter what, I can see that now. You will protect her, even from her own father, and that takes some guts, kid. I dont expect to see either of you again, which I am grateful for, as honestly you are both as fucking hopeless as each other. Protect her, Kellin, and keep her away from harm, including me..." Your dad mumbles the last part as he returns to his house. He enters and shuts the door without another word.
Kellin turns to you and holds your hands "That went well!"
You shake your head before resting one of your hands on the side of his face, you caress his cheeks and he hisses when your fingers skim his lip. "Are you ok Kels?"
He cups your cheek "Are you?"
You shrug "I've been better, I've been worse, but I dont matter, and you do, so, are YOU ok?"
Kellin shakes his head "Dont say that, you mean the world to me (Y/N), and I love you with all my heart! To answer your question, Im ok, just in a little pain, but I know exactly what will make me feel better."
You raise an eyebrow "And what might that be?"
"You. Your kisses, your cuddles, your words, your laughter, your smile, your compliments, your love, your affection, YOU." Kellin answers.
You blush and smile at him "I love you so much."
Kellin grins at you "I love you so much too baby." He changes the subject "C'mon, lets go home."
You nod as you both turn and start making your way towards the car, still clutching each others hands. "When we get home, Im gonna evaluate all your injuries, patch you up, and then we're gonna cuddle, watch movies, and make-out for the rest of the night, sound good?"
Kellins smile widens "Sounds perfect, babygirl."