Baby Dont Cut

((((( AUTHORS NOTE: I heard this song a long time ago, and I think its really a beautiful song, the lyrics are so deep and meaningful. It inspired me I guess. )))))

- TRIGGER WARNING!!! -

~ Kellins POV ~

"She's only 17, her whole life's ahead of her.
She hates school because the people there discredit her." She returns home and throws her bag at the floor, she bolts up the stairs to the bedroom, our bedroom, and I know that she had another shit day. Its not her fault, people are just so fucking mean to her there. Its her last year though. Im a year older than her, so I've already graduated, I bought us a house so that she could get away from her horrible home life too, because that was killing her even more, and killing me in the process. I cant stand to see her in so much pain. In a second, Im up the stairs standing outside our door, I push it open and see her curled up on the bed in tears.

" Her boyfriend tries to show her that's not how it seems.
But everyday she just gets lowered with her self-esteem." I try to tell her over and over again that soon it will be over, soon she wont have to see those awful people ever again, but she just shakes her head and cries harder. Im terrified of leaving her everyday to go to college, I hate that Im no longer in school with her to protect her like I used to.

" He let's her know that every night will have a brighter day,
She even tried to overdose and take her life away." I remember when I came home once and found her lying on the couch with empty bottle of pills scattered across the floor, she was passed out, her cheeks stained with tears, I instantly called an ambulance, she almost didnt make it. But the first thing she asked when she awoke was "Why didnt you just let me go?" and I told her that I couldnt, because I loved her too much to be without her.

" She's feeling hopeless there just sitting down beside her bed,
Then he takes his hand and places it beside her head. " I place my hand on the side of her head, stroking and kissing her hair to comfort her, continuing with my mantra of "Everything is going to be ok" but I dont know if its true. The shit my baby is going through is unreal, and it has surely scarred her for life, I dont know if she'll ever be the same as she was before all of this started, but at least she'll be better.

" He tries to hold her but with every touch she still resists,
And then he sees the scars that bury deep within her wrists. " She sits up and runs a hand through her hair, flinching away from my every touch, breaking my heart. Then I see it. Scars, on her wrist. In a second my world has come crashing down on me. She's self harming again, how could I not see!?! She's always worn long sleeves, but I thought it was for self confidence, now I see that really it was just to hide away.

" She's feeling numb, he tries to beg and plead and ask her, 'Why?'
She says this way she has control of the pain she feels inside.
He's asking her, 'How long it's going since you've felt this way?
Because you got me here, just feeling so damn helpless.'
She says, 'It's been a while. I guess I needed better luck.'
And then he screams at her and tells her, 'Baby, never cut!' " I tell her that she should never cut, ever. I tell her that I am always here for her, no matter what. I tell her that I will never leave, and that she can count on me, and I tell her that once she's done with school we'll run away together, away from all this bullshit.

" Nobody seems to get you, you feel you're on your own,
But listen, pretty lady, you don't have to be alone.
So, baby, don't cut, baby, don't cut.
You can do anything, just promise baby you won't cut.
I know your heart is hurting, you think the road has end,
You may just feel that blade you're holding is your only friend.
But baby don't cut, baby don't cut.
You can do anything, just promise baby you won't cut. " I make a speech, telling her truthfully how much she means to me, and how scared I am to lose her. She promises me she'll never cut again, because she cant stand to see me so upset, not because she wants to. I say thats good enough, as long as it stops, and she says she'd do anything for me, including fighting the painful urges. After that, she curls into me and falls asleep, I drift off into a deep, dreamless sleep, my arms wrapped protectively around her