How Could I Forget?

Start from the beginning

"Do any of you go by the name Isabelle Dawns?" the male doctor spoke without any information, everyone's eyes trailed towards me. I sit frozen and a bit shocked.

"I-I'm Isabelle Dawns." I spoke shakily, the doctor smiled and reached out a hand gesturing me to come over to him.

"Lovely. Your boyfriend is waiting for you inside."

and that's literally when everyone started fake coughing as a sign of 'this is bullshit.'

I decide not to fight it, I'm already so tired now being that is five-thirty in the afternoon, plus I haven't had anything to eat since 12 midday.

When the doctor and I walk into the patient's room, Zach was laid down on the cloth bed with a few bruises around his face and a slightly open cut bottom lip.

I didn't scream and I wasn't scared because I knew that the damage would be something like that. I'm just glad he made it out of the fight alive. When I call out his name softly, his blue eyes lock into mine and a huge smile spreading his face.

"Hey." he spoke, his arms opening for me to come in. I gladly accept the warming hug, my face hurried into the crook of his neck as I took in his scent. I've missed him, I'm not going to lie.

"How are you feeling?" I ask never letting him go. The warmth of his body was equivalent to the cozy feeling beside a fireplace on Christmas Eve.

"I'm feeling better, that's for sure." he answered, for a moment, there was pure silence until Zach's voice spoke again, "I'm sorry for what I did."

Okay, that would have been the last thing I would have ever expected from Zach, to be honest.

There was sincerity and sorrow in his voice as he apologised. Only a real man would have the guts to say that, others would just completely ignore the right choice or acted as if they didn't care.

"It's okay." was all I said, but that didn't stop him from going any further.

By now, the doctor had left us alone, only for ten minutes to catch up. Zach told me that he had to say that I was his girlfriend, otherwise the doctor would have considered me as one of his friends, and they'll be too many in the room.

"I feel like a fucking dick now. I never wanted the fight to go that far." he states as he bows his head down.

"It's alright, Zach."

"No it isn't. I basically told your boyfriend that I couldn't wait until the day you guys would break up."

"Why would you say that, though?" It was particularly rude to comment on someone else's relationship if it wasn't a nice thing to say.

"Because I thought that if I have gotten Chase pissed, he'd practically throw a small punch at me, or two, and once you found out I thought that you might've grown angry at him and you guys would've broken up." he sighs, "I never meant it to go that far. I thought that he was just going to hit me a bit and then leave, but obviously not. He must really love you if he fought for you."

I smile at the comment, but Zach didn't do anything except keep his head down.

"I just wanted you all to myself, you know?" he blurted out, my lips pursed into a thin line unsure of what to comment on.

"Didn't expect ending up in the hospital, huh?" I try and make a joke, but it failed terribly.

"I did actually." he chuckles softly, "I was just being selfish because I wanted you to be with me and not Chase."

My eyes widen a bit at how open he was into this topic, he let all his feelings out unlike Chase who would have always hid his inside.

"What about your soccer game this Friday, will you be able to play?" I quickly change the topic because of how awkward things were getting, but that didn't stop him from talking about him and I.