“Don’t start with your charm Alex,” Chase smirked and Alex rolled his eyes.

“Don’t worry I won’t,” he replied sarcastically and Chase frowned slightly.

“You won’t? Did you finally find a girlfriend?” Chase said, surprised.

Alex snorted at that. “No way. I just don’t want to get involved with her again.”

“You two know each other?” Chase asked, still surprised and I would’ve laughed if it was under different circumstances “And why not? She’s a great girl.”

“Yes we do,” Alex replied “And don’t let her fool you.”

Chase looked confused and Alex just scowled as I bit my lip and stared at my black shoes.

“He’s right,” I said quietly. I thought they didn’t hear but apparently they did.

“What are you talking about, Hailey?” Chase asked and I was saved by the teacher that walked in the classroom and told us to sit in our places.

I went back to my place, thinking about what just happened. I wanted to cry right then and there but I couldn’t do that. I can’t believe I was a bitch because of popularity and I can’t believe I did that to Alex, the best guy I have ever met, the guy I could truly be myself around. I hoped he had notice that I was my real self with him around and my fake self when I was at school but I can’t really blame him. I have always been known as the bitch and he liked me enough to believe differently and by humiliating him that day, I showed him that he thought wrong – which he didn’t. I’m so stupid.

“Good morning class,” the young teacher said interrupting my thoughts and that’s when I took a closer look at her. She was in her mid-twenties and really pretty. Her blond hair was cut short and her eyes were a beautiful shade of brown. She was skinny and her dress was so pretty I was jealous that she owned it.

“Good morning Ms. Katy,” the students chorused.

“I see a new student,” she said, looking at me with a friendly smile “What’s your name?”

“I’m Hailey Tucker,” I said, returning her smile.

“Nice to meet you Hailey,” she said “I’m Ms. Katy, your economics teacher.”

“You too,” I replied quietly and I had a feeling I was going to love her.

When this period was over, I noticed that my earlier assumptions were true. She was an awesome teacher. Unfortunately, I had only one economics period per week.

Third period was English. Our teacher, Mrs. Weston, is really old but she isn’t one of those mean old people, on the contrary she is really funny.

After the first three periods we get a twenty-minute break and after the fifth period, we get a forty five- minute break. During the breaks we can go wherever we want in the school.