Chapter Ninty Eight

I lay awake unable to sleep, Shawn's supposed to be next to me and now he can't be and he won't be. My phone vibrates next to me and I'm quick to answer it. "Hello," I sit up looking at the clock.

"Hi, mrs. Mendes?" The voice questions.

"Yes this is she, is something wrong?" As the question of my identity is asked I know it's the hospital, who else would it be calling me at this time. I stand putting my glasses on, the ones I have to wear while driving at night. I wear no more than short short and one of Shawn's shirts as pyjamas but I don't care if anything is the slightest bit off with his progress I wanna be there.

"It's about your husband," the voice sighs a little. "How quickly can you get here?" The voice sounds desperate.

"I'm on my way," with that said I put the kids in their car seats and clip them into the attempting to carry the three of them and Adam without waking them up. I make my way to my car clipping them in the back and doing up Adams seat and getting into the front seat. I then speed off in the direction of the hospital. The constant thought of something happening to him or something having happened to him nagging me in the back of my mind. As soon as I arrive I grab their two strollers and clip them all in attempting pushing them both in the front doors. "Shawn, Mendes?" I question.

"This way," she sighs leading me to the back offering her help with the strollers as I politely decline. "Here he is," she opens the door to reveal him laying barely awake in the light nurses surrounding him.

"You came?" He swallows before throwing up again.

"It sounded urgent, I thought the kids might wanna see you again just in case," I lie looking down at all of them.

"So you brought them all to the hospital at midnight because the sleeping children might want to see me again?" He blinks as if trying to stop his tears. I nod slowly licking my lips as he cries. "And you're wearing my shirt?" He smiles a little.

"I always wear this, you know that." I roll my eyes.

"Why are you leaving me?" He blinks carefully.

"Mrs. Mendes," a nurse whispers to me. "Please be careful with your response this could determine his life or death," she whispers again.

"No, no," he attempts stopping her. "I want an honest answer," his eyes shutting slowly.

"Shawn?" I call a little.

"I'm sorry," he sighs. "I'm just," his eyes starts closing again. "I'm so tired," he blinks.

"Shawn," I grab his hand. "Please Shawn," I say a little louder. His eyes open again. "You want my honest answer?" I lick my lips.

"Nothing but the truth," he nods.

"Oh Shawn," I sigh. "I didn't wanna leave you," I shake my head letting tears fall down my cheeks.

"We'll kill him," I can hear them whisper. I feel so torn no matter what I say I'm gonna loose someone I love.

"I'm sorry Shawn," I sigh. His eyes slowly close and nurses panic. "No Shawn," I whisper. "I'm so sorry," I take the strollers and walk out not bothering to see what else happens with him.

"Good girl," I can feel them nod at me. I just walk to the waiting room Shawn's parents sit there.

"You might wanna hurry, I think we're loosing him," I point. They stand walking quickly towards his room. I sit on a chair facing each of the strollers to me. "Oh Mercy," I look down at the little girl. "You look just like your daddy," I brush a finger over her cheek. "Your daddy was a good man," I whisper. "And I think I killed him," I sniff. "I'm gonna go to jail for murder," I panic a little.