Chapter Eighty Six

May thirty first

Adam plays with his toys and we all sit in a circle around him. He waddled around playing with his toys or sitting on someone's lap and leaning against them as if to say thank you. "Do you want anything?" I stand to go and get Adams bottle as I need to put him down for a nap.

"No thanks," everyone says.

"Reese? You haven't eaten anything babe," I kiss her cheek.

"Yeah but," she stands and lifts her shirt. "Do I look fat?" She questions me. She doesn't look fat but she doesn't look like her normal self.

"Baby," I say as supportively as possible knowing what I'm about to say is going to sound really rude. "I mean this in the best possible way alright," she nods seeing how hard I'm struggling. "Is it possible that you're pregnant?" I kiss her cheek.

"It'd make sense," she shrugs. "But I kinda doubt it."

"Why? Baby it's possible," I kiss her cheek. "Will you take a test, at least?" I pout. "For me?" I give her an innocent smile. "It would make me feel a lot better to know that you're pregnant rather than extremely ill," I say referring to the dozens of times she's told me it was just a bug.

"Ok I'll take a test," she gives.

"I'll go get one while Adams asleep," I kiss her gently. "Now will you come eat something? Just in case you are pregnant?" I giggle a little and she chuckles at me.

"Has anyone ever told you how annoying you can be?" She shakes her head walking into the kitchen.

"Yes darling," I nod. "You tell me all of the time," I give her an annoyed tone and she laughs.

"As long as you know," she smiles grabbing an apple. "Now make Adams bottle I'll go get him," she chuckles walking out and apologizing for that scene we had just put on, or so she said. Before grabbing Adam and bringing him into the kitchen.

"Hello baby," I smile at him.

"Daddy," he says. It sounds slightly forced and as if he's just breathing it out.

"Yeah baby," I take him into my arms. "Can we say bye bye to mama?" I turn him to Reese who's walking out.

"Mama," he does the same as with me while flicking his hand up and down.

"Good boy," I smile. Mama and daddy are the only words he knows , but we're very thankful that he was able to speak. When he turns three we'll start bringing him to a speech therapist so he can learn enough words to start in a normal school for kindergarten. I begin feeding him his bottle while gently bouncing and humming trying to get him to sleep faster. Soon he finishes his bottle and yawns. "Two more minutes baby," I chuckle burping him gently. "There you go, now you can go to sleep," I kiss his temple walking into the living room only to bring him up the stairs and to his room. As soon as he's in his bed I make my way down to where Reese talks to our parents.

"Hi baby," she smiles.

"Hi," I kiss her forehead.

"Do you want me to go get the test." I giggle at her as she whines leaning back against my shoulder.

"I don't wanna take one because I'm not pregnant," she huffs.

"But you might be," I kiss her cheek. "And if you're not pregnant I'm taking you to a hospital," I roll my eyes standing up letting her continue her conversation with our parents. "I'll be back in a bit," I smile.

"Shawn," she whines but I ignore her walking out. I get into the car, even though the gas station is well within walking distance, and drive towards the gas station. It takes no more than two minutes to get there so I park and walk into the shop scanning the isles for pregnancy tests. My year off of music starts soon, and I still have fans who are super pissed about it. But it's only gonna be a year. I grab three different kinds of pregnancy tests and walk to the check out. I can feel stares and hear their breathing as well while I turn around to a crowd of what seem like thirteen year old girls.

"Hi," I give them a smile and they all look like they're about to hyperventilate. "Breath, it's ok," I take deep breaths and they follow. "Do you want a picture?" I smile at their nods. I quickly snap a picture with each of them I then pay for the pregnancy tests and make my way out of the shop. "Fans," I giggle. It's gonna be all over twitter and everything else, why did I buy pregnancy tests? Why is he taking a year off of music? Is he still gonna have any fans? Will he be any good after a year? All questions people are just dying to ask. And I'm sure after these girls post about our encounter there's gonna be a million more questions. "I'm back," I smirk walking into the living room.

"Must I take them now?" She whines as I hand her the bag.

"Mhm," I nod holding my hands out for her to help her up. She groans at me and then grabs the bag stomping away. "She's so pregnant," I chuckle as she exits hearing range.

"You think?" He dad questions.

"Yeah, she's been throwing up all of the time she has headaches and backaches," I explain. "But if she's not pregnant I'm taking her to a hospital, because that's not right," I shake my head.

"Yeah you're right," they nod. "Do you remember finding out about Reese," her mom laughs.

"That was terrifying," he chuckles.

"We planned Nathan but we didn't know about Reese, at all," she shakes her head. "We refused to admit that I was probably pregnant, so we never took any test never did any ultrasound nothing but it was kinda obvious." She makes a gesture with her hands about the size of her stomach. "So when I went into labour everyone was so confused because we weren't supposed to have her,"

"We wouldn't have known about Adam," I shake my head. "He was the furthest thing from either of our minds," I nod. "But we've got him now and I wouldn't trade him for anything," Reese walks back out holding the three tests.

"Here," she hands me the tests. "I can't look at them," she shakes her head.

"Reese?" I tap her gently. "Baby?" I turn to face her. "They're all,"