Chapter Nint Six

"She Mercy we've gotta be quiet," I sigh. "They won't let us in if you're too loud," I lick my lips. I hold Kaiden in a carrier on my front and Adam on my hip while I push Jericho and Mercy in the stroller. "Mendes, Shawn, Shawn Mendes." I rush a little.

"He has visitors at the moment please take a seat over there and I'll let you know when you can go in." She points at the chair in the waiting room.

"There must be some way I can get in sooner? Please?" I bite my lip. I had called Nathan earlier asking him to come here and sit in the waiting room with the kids while I went in knowing they would disturb someone.

"I'm sorry ma'am but rules are rules," she shrugs.

"In his wife," I beg sounding much more desperate than needed. "Please?" I look down the hallway.

"You can go and sit in the waiting room like everyone else, I refuse to bend the rules for you," she pauses and I open my mouth but she stops me. "And if you have a problem with that you can remove yourself from this hospital." She sasses giving me a light hair wipe before looking back down at her computer. I walk to the waiting room sitting impatiently watching the time and the kids. I look constantly at Kaiden who sleeps on my chest.

"Hey babe," Nathan walks in.

"Thank god for you," I sigh as the receptionist waves me over. "Here," I take the carrier off and place it on him. "Everything's in the diaper bag come get me if you need me," I nod walking away and following the receptionist.

"Here he is," she points to the room. I nod and walk in without saying another word to her I make my way to his bedside.

"Hi," I look down at him. He has stitches on his neck from where his seatbelt cut him, stitches across his forehead and bruises just about everywhere not to mention the countless amounts of open wounds there are on his face. He sits asleep on the bed looking quite uncomfortable. From what police have told me his car was hit and it flipped started sliding around and got hit again sending him into the pile of a traffic light. "I told you to be careful," I let a tear fall off of my cheek and onto his.

"Awe look," the guys walk into the room. "Little baby come to visit the boy toy?" They scoff gently. I wipe my eyes quickly and turn to them.

"What do you want?" I spit crossing my arms.

"We want you to leave him, simple," they shrug.

"No, no I won't leave him," I shake my head. Screams erupt from the doorway, familiar screams wails and cries. Those of my baby boy. "Give him to me," I look as they awkwardly hold Kaiden in what could quite possibly be the most unpleasant position ever.

"Move closer and you loose him," Taylor pulls out a knife.

"What do you want? Give me him back I'll do anything," I almost scream.

"Leave Shawn," they shrug. "Take your ring off kick him out, leave him," they bring the knife closer.

"Fine," I breath.

"Good," they hand me my little boy something I didn't expect to happen.

"Sh," I hush him trying to stay calm myself. "Sh," I kiss his forehead.

"Reese?" Shawn asks quietly. I look around in pure panic.

"Leave him," they whisper.

"Hi Shawn," I sigh. He cough and spits up blood spitting it all into a small cardboard box

"I'm sorry baby," he gives me a pout. "I promised to be careful," he reaches for my hand but I move. "I don't really know what happened," he tries to play it off cool knowing I'm probably mad at him in some way shape or form.

"Shawn," I ignore him doing my best not to cry.

"Yes," he cough again spitting up more and more blood.

"I can't handle this anymore," I look down. "I loved you an all but just everything that's happening is killing me." I take my ring off with much difficulty feeling much emotional pain.

"Reese," he hacks up more blood than before almost throwing it up.

"I can't handle what you put me through," I shrug feeling beyond terrible for my actions. "I need to go, I want the kids and the house, you're gonna be here for a while anyways," I shrug.

"What about my kids," he calls after me. "I don't want you to keep them," she starts throwing up blood and pushing buttons for nurses assistance but it takes far too long for anyone to show up. By the time someone does he just looks pale and he spits out blood she hands him another one and places two or three on the bedside table.

"Well I want to, you can have Adam but the babies are too young," I shrug, it makes me feel worse the fact that I'm just practically giving my baby away. "Goodbye Shawn," I walk out as he starts throwing up again before he can say anything else I'm out of his room.

"Nice," they start but I don't listen I just storm off laying Kaiden in his buckets seat.

"Come here," Nathan holds his arms out.

"He's on a hospital bed in there and he's throwing up blood and I should be with him, what if it's his last day? What if I never see him again I spent my time telling him how I'm gonna leave him," I sob against my brothers shoulder.

"You did it to save your baby boy and I'm sure he would've done the same if he were put in the same situation." He kisses my forehead. "I'm sorry I let them get him," he sighs.

"It's not your fault," I wipe my eyes and sigh. "You were outnumbered." I shrug looking at the babies and a now sleeping Adam who sits on a chair. "I should probably get them home," I look down.

"Yeah you should," he nods sadly at me. He stares at my fingers seeing nothing anymore.

"Wanna do me a favour?" I look at them and then the hallway.

"What's the favour?" He smiles a little trying to brighten my mood.

"Can you take them to the car. It's not too far from the main entrance and if you just unlock the doors you'll find it." I plead.

"So you can go back and see Shawn?" He chuckles.

"Please?" I beg.

"Fine," he takes the keys and the kids shaking his head at me before walking out. I make my way down the hall and to his room. I stare at him from the door.

"You didn't need her anyways," they explain to him.

"Yes I did," he says calmly. His eyes shutting slowly again as he opens the forcefully knowing if he fall back asleep his life will end.

"Nah, she was a slutty hoe all she could do was get pregnant," they shrug.

"I loved her I don't care what you think," he grabs my ring and looks at it with great sadness. "Maybe she didn't love me?" His thumb brushes over the rock.

"Well if you ask me, she's been getting very flirty with Bieber," they draw out for emphasis.

"Maybe she was," he nods starting to give in to their mind games. "When I get out," he shakes his head. I don't bother listening to anymore I just walk away. No ones words have ever been able to hurt me so much and it makes me feel weak to know what his do to me.