Chapter Fifty Six

Three days later

"You get a front row seat," Carter smirks kneeling next to me as they brake into the house trying to hurt otherwise kill Reese.

"I don't want one," I groan looking away he forces my eyes open and my head to stay at the screen. They soon find her in the room and her small weak scream shatters my heart. She falls unconscious on the floor after they hit her with a baseball bat. I watch the cops walk up the stairs with their guns out. Carter leaves me and sprints out the front door until I hear sirens. I suppose they saw him running and stop him to see what he's doing only to find out he is the last of the gang. "Help!" I scream watching them carry her out on a stretcher, Chrissy and Ian following quickly behind with Adam in Chrissy's arms. "Help!" I call again until the door's pushed open.

"Are you alright?" Some man furrows his eyebrows and unties the ropes.

"I am now thank you so much," I subtly turn off the tv screen.

"No worries." He shrugs.

"Is there anything I can do to repay you?" I smile at the man while walking out of the house wanting to get to Reese as quick as possible.

"No, no," he waves his hands. "Knowing that I helped you will be all of the reward I need," he smiles.

"Well thank you," I pause.

"Colin," he smiles.

"Colin," I nod. "Well I'm Shawn," I give him a weak smile. "Now I'm really sorry but I've gotta run my wife's in the hospital," I point.

"Hurry up then," he smiles and walks off. I call a car which is to arrive in three minutes. As soon as it shows up I yell 'hospital' and the driver speeds off. The whole time I worry about Reese wanting nothing more than to know she's ok, even if it means we're getting divorced.

"Reese," I start unable to finish while tears flood from my eyes. Chrissy walks over and slaps the back of my head before she hugs me.

"You broke her," she leads me to where Ian and Adam sit in her room.

"I know," I look down. "They have cameras all over the house," I look down.

"Why did you come back Shawn. If you had stayed she wouldn't be here right now," Ian almost yells.

"Please don't yell at me," I look down. "I know, I do know that this wouldn't have happened if it weren't for me but I don't need to be yelled at anymore please," I sob into my hands.

"What happened?" Chrissy sits next to me trying o offer me comfort in Reese's absence.

"They tied me up in front of the tv and made me watch her day and night," I let out shaky breaths.

"She was clean Shawn," Ian looks between me and Reese. Her parents had taken Adam after Ian taught them what to do. "Two years clean," he grabs her arm as gently as possible.

"And you divorced her through a phone call?" Chrissy shakes her head. "When she wakes up she's gonna hate you,"

"She already does," I stutter. She pouts and hugs me.

"Why are you crying?" She runs her hands up and down my back with I try to steady my breathing enough to tell her.

"I-I don't know what t-to do," I sniff. "She h-hates me, and when she w-wakes up she's gonna think I want a divorce and sh-she won't give me the time t-to explain and I-I don't wanna loose her." I sob and she hushes.

"You won't loose her," she reassures.

"She's gonna hate me," I swallow.

"You're gonna be ok Shawn, alright?" She points wiping my eyes. "Im gonna go get some coffee." She walks to Ian and kisses his cheek. "You want something?" He shakes his head as do I. "Shawn why don't you come for a walk with me," she looks at how blankly Ian stares at the wall.

"You're being really n-nice to me." I stutter again while trying to stop crying. "Why?" I finally calm down.

"Because Reese is my friend and I want the best for her, and weather I like it or not you're what's best." She runs her hands over my back.

"What if something happens?" I blink. "They wanted to kill her," I brake into heavy sobs.

"Nothing's gonna happen Shawn," Chrissy reassures.