Chapter Fifty Three

I wake up outside with a warm breeze tickling my skin. "Good morning princess," he whispers. "Did you sleep well?" His hot minty breath hits my cheek just before his lips do.

"Yeah," I nod cuddling farther into him. "How did we get out here?"

"I brought you out here," he giggles kissing gently upon my forehead.

"Ok," I nod simply and roll a little so I lay on top of him. "Can I have a kiss?" I giggle at him and he smiles.

"Anytime," he kisses me carefully and sweetly. "Are you having a good time?" He pulls away from me and brushes his fingers through my hair.

"Mhm," I nod leaning down again. He grabs my head gently and kisses me slowly. My tongue traces his lips until he grants me access. His tongue hits mine rather than exploring my mouth. Each time our lips touch our tongues will as well causing a feeling of excitement and butterflies to erupt in the pit of my stomach.

"I love you," he kisses me once more before pulling away.

"I love you too," I peck his nose.

"Hey baby?" He bites his lip and looks at his buzzing phone. "Would you be mad, if I postpone the rest of the trip?" He bites his lip and almost begs with his soft dough eyes.

"But why?" I pout rolling onto the other chair.

"Andrew says he's booked shows for the rest of the week and next week," he grabs my hands. "And baby I know how much this means to you but," I cut him off.

"You have to go," I kiss his cheek even if it does hurt me.

"Princess I could cancel the dates aren't out yet?" He licks his lips.

"I know but I don't want you to," I hold his hands in mine. "Go," I nod trying not to let him see how hurt I actually am.

"Thank you darling," he lifts me off of the chair. "I love you," he kisses my jawbone.

"I love you too," I smile weakly as he puts me down and walks inside. I go back to my spot on the chair and look out to the rising sun. "It was supposed to be my week," I whisper to myself. I lift my phone. "Well Becky," I say upon her answer. "Looks like I can do it this week," I nod. "When do I start?"

"As soon as you get back, I'll set it all up," she squeals in excitement before hanging up.

"You hate me," he pouts.

"No I don't hate you," I shake my head.

"You hate me," he nods. "You told Becky you couldn't do it, for me and now you're letting me cancel this so I can go." He pouts again bringing me into his arms. My legs wrap around him. "You hate me," he shakes his head against my shoulder.

"I do not hate you," I emphasize.

"But you're mad," he sets me on the ground. "I'm gonna cancel," he nods very sure of himself.

"Don't cancel," I grab his bicep.

"I'm gonna make you depressed," he pouts. "You turned down all sorts of offers so that we could have fun together and it hasn't even been a week yet and I'm making you leave,"

"So?" I hug him trying to make him feel better even though what he's saying is true. "I want you to go fly around the world and make other people happy," I kiss his shoulder affectionately.

"Are you sure?" He moves away. "Because," I cut him off with my lips on his.

"I'm sure," I smile gently.

"Thank you," he peppers my face with kisses. "You are the most understanding person ever," he kisses me walking back inside.

"Mhm," I nod looking at my feet and then back out to the rising sun. "It's only been two days," I sigh before walking back inside. I shove my belongings into a bag before texting Ian that we'll be home later today. His response is a pouty face but I say nothing back.

"I'm sorry darling," He kisses my forehead and sways us gently back and forth while I lay my head on his shoulder. "I know we've only been her a few days," he cuddles me for reassurance.

"It's ok," I shrug even though I know it isn't. "Work is work and you never know when something's gonna pop up," I shrug.

"Princess, it's not like that," he leans his head on mine. "I promise," he kisses my forehead making me nod. "Are you gonna come to my shows?" He giggles a little.

"I can't," I shrug. "I'm going to work too," I explain trying not to sound to harsh.

"Oh, ok," he nods and lets me go. I finish packing and plug my phone in.

"When so we leave?" I look to him from where I stand by the nightstand.

"A little later this afternoon," he nods closing his phone. "I've arranged for a private plane for just the two of us?" He swallows noticing my disappointment with the situation.

"Alright," I nod. "I'm gonna go for a walk on the beach," I nod to him before walking out.

"Wait Reese," he sighs and shakes his head. "Have fun," he smiles gently and I nod walking out. I lift the skirt I ware over my bathing suit bottoms and walk through the water and onto the beach. I walk along the shoreline and look down. Giving up on the walk I just sit on the beach, on the sand. My knees by my chest and my hands folded above them. I look straight ahead of me for a minute before I look down at my knees and bury my head in them.

"I know I'm probably the last person you wanna see right now," Shawn's voice rings behind me. "But Becky's been calling nonstop," he sits behind me and gently moves me towards him. "I am sorry princess," he kisses my temple. "Truly, truly sorry," he hugs me from behind. "But we'll come back baby I promise," he tries to grab my hands but fails as I hold a tight grip on my knees.

"We don't need to come back out Shawn, I don't wanna dump Adam on someone again, I feel bad," I sigh.

"But princess," he whispers.

"It's alright, leaving him with your parents again, even mine would be wrong," I stand and offer him my hands. "He needs a lot more than the average kid and everything about him requires attention," I grab his hand and we walk back through the water and to the house.

"We've got today," he smiles at me trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah," I nod walking up the stairs and to one of the chairs.

"What do you wanna do?" He kneels in front of it.

"I don't know," I shrug looking over where he kneels on the ground. The sun is now up in the sky and people on the surfboards pass people swimming pass people on their paddle boards pass.

"Want to go stand up paddle boarding again?" He tries very hard to find something to make me smile at him but nothing works.

"Sure," I nod walking into the house to take off what I'm wearing and to change into a baiting suit consisting of a black pair of short short shorts and a hot pink top. He stands at the end of the stairs waiting for me. He reaches his hand for mine to help me down I take it and sit on the front as he wants me to do.

"Princess I know you're mad at me for this, just please say something? Even if you are just yelling at me," he begs a little while (just like the first time we did this) he sits behind me and puts the paddle on the side.

"I don't know what to say?" I shrug.

"What kinda jobs are you gonna do when we get back?" He tries making conversation to relieve a little of the pressure off of me.

"I don't know yet," I shrug. "I'll find out soon." I nod. "So you're gone for the two weeks?" I take a deep breath in the end not wanting to cry.

"Yeah," he nods sadly. "But as soon as those two weeks are up I promise I'll be home," he nods. "And I promise I'll make this up to you," he pleads leaning his head on my shoulder.

"Ok," I nod simple as he begins paddling back to the house.