Chapter Thirty Seven

"Bye girls," she smiles as they walk out.

"I missed you," I sigh hugging her as she turns around.

"I missed you," she giggles into my shoulder kissing my neck. Adam kicks her, and hard enough for me to feel it. "He missed you too," she giggles again.

"You know I saw that kiss you and Zander had," I whisper to her.

"That was embarrassing." She blushes.

"You looked terrified," I smile.

"I was, I've only ever kissed him once before." She whispers.

"When was that," I become very tense and she shakes her head.

"I'm not gonna tell you. I'm already making you mad." She pouts and I slowly begin to relax again.

"I'm not mad," I breath. "I just don't like the thought of you having to be with someone else."

"When I first met him," she explains. "The day after the time you gave me to let go," she whispers. "He walked into the kitchen and kissed me," she shrugs.

"Did you kiss him back?" I become tense again. "It doesn't matter I dumped you," I breath knowing if she tells me I will freak out.

"You sound like Nathan," she giggles, for the first time that I've ever heard her talk about her brother. Usually it makes her cry. "I wish you could've met him," she sighs. "I wish you could've met my whole family." She shrugs.

"I do too baby," I lead her to the couch where I pull her onto my lap. She hates sitting on my lap while she's pregnant she claims it makes her feel self conscious.

"You would've liked them," she kisses my nose. "I wish they could be here for baby Adams arrival," she sighs placing her hands on my bump.

"Me too," I kiss her cheek. Her smile never fades and I grip firmly on her hand. A knock on the door brakes the silence between us.

"I've got it," Ian chuckles running out before Reese could stand. "You can keep being disgusting." He nods at us and smiles winking at Reese. She chuckles,

"When we first started dating," she giggles. "I remember it so clearly," she kisses my forehead.

"Or you can just come in," Ian throws his hands up.

"You aren't supposed to be here Shawn," Carter impatient voice rings.

"I can make my own decisions, and they shouldn't be based off of fear," I shake my head.

"You were our leader," he points to Reese. "You hated her the most, how did you fall in love so quickly?" He puts air quotation around the words 'in love'.

"Because I realized how wrong what we were doing to this poor girl was. Because I realized she isn't a bad person and didn't deserve how we treated her, and most importantly even after everything I did to her she gave me a chance." I sigh. "She let me be myself," I smile at her. "And she didn't make me change to be with her," she smiles kissing my cheek.

"That's disgusting and not true," he shakes his head. "You were mean that's who you are you changed to be with her." He shrugs simply.

"She showed me the joys of life and that love is actually really important and maybe if you still had Maggie you wouldn't be so sour and disgusted by relationships and happy people." I smirk.

"Don't say her name," he growls. "You know what Shawn," he shakes his head. "We know where you are," he shrugs. "We know when your baby's due, we know where you'll be. So it might not happen tonight, or tomorrow but I promise your baby now has even lower survival chances," he whispers and walks out.

"Don't listen to him princess," I reassure. "I won't let anything happen, Adam will be perfectly fine," I nod.

"I don't want him to get hurt," she swallows.

"Maybe it's time to move," Ian gasps running towards us. He's been pestering Reese about moving for months.

"I mean I guess," she shrugs.

"Yes finally," he squeals. "I was thinking an apartment building, or maybe an actual house and Shawn could move in when Adam comes." He nods.

"You've really thought this out haven't you?" she chuckles.

"I've wanted to move for six month," he rolls his eyes.

"Ok ok," she chuckles.

"What were we talking about?" She turns to me.

"Your family," I kiss her cheek.

"Oh yeah," she nods.

"Princess," I hug her. "I'm sure they were great people, but I don't want you to be all bummed out." I pout.

"I miss them," she giggles. "But I've got you now," she plays with my hair. "And you're all I need." She smiles kissing me.

"I love you," I smile cuddling into her. "Let's go do something," I gasp slightly. "You've been mine again for almost two hours an I haven't done anything with you,"

"You don't need to do anything Shawn," she giggles. "Sitting here with you is quite enough," she smiles.

"But I wanna do something," I pout. "I wanna show you I care," she giggles at my statement.

"I know you care darling, you wouldn't be here if you didn't," her hands run threw my hair.

"How about," I pause. "I know what I want to do." I nod my head very sure.

"And what would that be?" She smiles.

"I wanna surprise you," I smile like a five year old. "Ian," I call.

"Mhm," he nods walking out of the kitchen.

"Watch Reese?" I question. "Don't let her leave this specific area?" He motions to the floor we stand on.

"And why might I ask?" He cocks his head to the side.

"I wanna do something nice for my princess," he smiles.

"Whatever," he rolls his eyes seeming disgusted at my wording.

"I'll let you know when I'm done," I giggle kissing her forehead before setting her gently down on the couch. "Be good?" I whisper kissing her forehead making her smile.

"I will be," she nods kissing my cheek.