Chapter Eight

"Go talk to him," Ian's hand runs across my shoulder blades. "He'll make you feel better." He gives me a tight hug. "I'll drive you." He stands and grabs my hands bringing me with him. I wipe my tears and grab my makeup bag.

"I hate myself," I sigh looking at the floor. "I cry too much and I keep pushing him away." I sniff.

"It's ok. It'll all be alright in the end. Everything happens for a reason." He reassures pulling up to a nice welcoming house. Slowly I exit the car and point at the house.

"Yes now go," he points again. I nod and grip tightly on my makeup bag walking carefully up the front steps. I gently knock on the door.

"I've got it," I hear Shawn's voice yell. It brings me some sort of comfort. "Reese?" He seems so chocked yet excited to see my face.

"I'm sorry I should've called or something," I bite my lip rushing slightly.

"No, no it's ok." He smiles at the ground. "What do you need?" He gives me a concerned look.

"Here," I hand him my bag with all of my makeup in it. "I thought about what you said." I looked between it and our hands. "And you're right I shouldn't be hiding behind the makeup for comfort or as a shield." I look at the floor. "Plus I really wanted to see you," I mumble making him smile.

"Well I'm glad you came." He smiled lifting my head with his index finger and thumb. "Because I really wanted to see you too." He winks making me smile. "I love your smile," he brushed his thumb over my cheek. "But I love you more."  He smiles and pushes his lips onto mine. I don't fight I just kiss back.

"Shawn?" I whisper and pull back. "I love you too." I throw my arms around his neck kissing him again.

"Shawn," someone coughed behind him.

"Oh yeah right," he turns around. "Guys this is Reese," he gestures to me. "Reese these are my parents and my sister Aaliyah," he smiles awkwardly.

"Hello," I smile slightly.

"Hi," they all smile warmly. "I'm Karen this is my husband manny and this is Aaliyah," she smile again.

"Well as Shawn's mentioned I'm Reese. Nice to meet you," I smile again extending a hand and getting it shook by each of them. 

"Ok we'll leave you two alone now." She smiles and waves. He steps outside of the house closing the door.

"Wanna go for a walk?" He connects our hands. "Or we could go back inside with my insane family? Your choice entirely," he chuckles slightly.

"I missed you," I sigh cuddling my head into his shoulder. "We could also go back to mine and Ian's house," I chuckle looking at Ian in the car.

"Ok," he nods. "As long as I get to be with you." He smiles kissing my forehead.

"Home," Ian beams.

"Home," I nod sitting in the back next to Shawn. I press my lips against his. "I love you," I whisper as he deepens the kiss.

"I love you too," he smiles against my smile. "You're so fucking adorable," he growls onto my teeth.

"Ok you disgusting teenagers why don't you go inside and get a room," the car stops and he pulls the keys out.

"Come on," I whisper and pull away. He simply nods as I undo my seatbelt and follow him out of the car. "This is like our first night together." I smile squeezing his hand.

"That was a strange night for the both of us," he breaths and kisses my temple. "Wanna go reenact it?" He kisses me sweetly.

"Ok," I nod leading him up to my room.