Chapter Thirty

I sit up and grab my stomach. Braxton Hicks as my midwife had told me. It hurts. Like hell. Shawn had to leave last nigh for a concert thing. So while he's gone he's basically assigned my well being to his mom, dad, sister and Ian. I sigh sitting up deciding to text him.

Reese: hey babe
Shawn: Reese 😔 you're suppose to be asleep.
Reese: Braxton Hicks
Shawn: my poor baby😢
Reese: I'm fine 
Shawn: I wish I was there to cuddle you❤️
Reese: I wish I could be with you 😢😢
Shawn: other then that how you doin?
Reese: I'm tired and lonely
Shawn: think positive my love
Reese: I'm ok I guess. I've got a scan so they can check out what's wrong with his brain.
Shawn: what's wrong with his brain?
Reese: they think it's a cyst and cavities but they want to make sure
Shawn: 😭 my poor baby
Reese: I know 😭 I just hope his condition wot be life threatening.
Shawn: me too
Reese: you should go get some sleep
Shawn: so should you
Reese: I'll try
Shawn: thank you
Reese: good luck at the show tonight
Shawn: I'll call you after and we can talk for hours
Reese: ok, I'll text you when I'm at the doctors
Shawn: and I will hold you up to that
Reese: I love you
Shawn: I love you too😘😘❤️
Reese: 😘😘❤️

I close my phone and smile. I standup beginning to get dressed. It is later than I thought. A knock on the door brakes my concentration. I waddle down as quickly as possible to see Shawn's mom and Aaliyah standing waiting.

"Come in it's freezing outside," I shiver moving to the side to let them in.

"Thanks," they smile. I nod an lead them into the kitchen.

"Can I get you anything?" I cock my head to the side whilst grabbing the bowl of fruit Shawn had prepared me last night. "Coffee, tea?" I look at his mother.

"Sure," she nods. "Thank you," she smiles and I start the coffee.

"No problem," I smile placing my hands on my stomach. "He's kicking again," I chuckle. "Wanna feel?" I turn to look up at Aaliyah.

"Sure," she nods slowly making her way towards me. I take her hands in mine placing them gently on my bump. "Can a you feel that?" I smile as he kicks again.

"Yeah," she smiles. "Hi," she giggles. "Hello baby," she smiles.

"You sound like your brother," I chuckle. "He spends hours just talking to him," I smile.

"Name choice was?" His mother pauses.

"It's a long one," I breath. "Adam Jayden Daniel Mendes Matthews," I chuckle.

"Yeah Shawn refuses to let me give the child the last name Mendes so this is our compromise." I chuckle. "Should we go?" I question pouring the coffee into a travel mug.

"Ok," they nod as she fixes the coffee up how she wants.

"So," Aaliyah walks next to me. "I've gotta ask," she sighs. "How did you end up with my brother?" She sighs.

"My friend Ian," I smile. "He's Shawn's friend too and so he was over one night and we just kinda fell for each other," I shrug.

"Well I'm kinda glad you met him," she sighs as we get into the car. "He's happier now." She explains.

"Well so am I," I smile. I know his mother knows the real story about how we met and stuff but I don't think that I should tell Aaliyah about her brothers rough past.

"Here we are," his mom smiles. I pull my phone out and tell Shawn that we've arrived at the appointment.

"Reese," I smile. "Reese Matthews."

"Oh the doctor will see you right away," she smiles leading us back to a room.

"We back to check out the baby?" The doctor smiles.

"Yeah," I nod.

"Any abnormalities or concerns?" She begins smothering the gal on my stomach.

"He kicks a lot? I'm not sure if that should scare me or not but I'm worried,"

"It's normal but I'll check for you," she smiles.

Shawn: let me know how it goes. Good luck to you and baby Adam 😘

Shawn replies I smile and close my phone.

"So if you look there," she points to white patches on the screen. "That one is the cyst," she points. "And these ones are the cavities." She nods. "So he will be disabled when he's born and that's pretty much guaranteed but were not too sure what'll be wrong with him yet." She sighs.

"So how soon after will we know what's wrong?" His mom questions.

"It should be soon after his birth." She nods continuing with the scan.

"Do you have any ideas if his condition would be life threatening or not?" I bite my bottom lip.

"No we aren't too sure yet, we should be able to find out soon enough." She nods. "Typically he should be born within the next three four weeks because of his condition but there are some cases where the baby will wait the whole nine months."

"So when he's born we'll find out?" I raise an eyebrow.

"It shouldn't be too long after his birth but it won't be right away," she nods. "But as I've explained before he probably won't be breathing when he's born which lowers his survival chances." She sighs.

"Yeah," my voice cracks. "Ok well other then that we have no concerns." I nod biting my lip.

"Alright well you can wipe the gel off and leave." She smiles handing me some towel.

"Thanks," I nod wiping the gel off before hopping off the table. My phone buzzes and I just hang it up right away before even checking who it is. I know it's shawn and I don't want to begin crying in front of his mom and sister. They being me back to the town house and I thank his mom while walking in. Shawn calls again for the fifty seventh time and I pick up.

"Baby what happened you weren't answering I was worried." He bites his lip. "To Toronto please," he nods.

"Shawn what are you doing?" I gasp slightly.

"I'm coming home," he answers. "How are you? Is the baby ok?" He rushes.

"They told us they don't know what's gonna be wrong with him," I let my bottom lip tremble. "They don't know if his condition will be life threatening or not." I let tears fall slowly. "They don't think that hell breath when he's born so they say his survival chances are lower then others," I begin balling. "I just want a healthy baby boy,"  I cry.

"I know princess so do I but he'll be alright." He reassures. "Thank you," he mumbles. "Ok princess my flights boarding now I'll be home in a few hours. I love you,"

"I love you too," I sigh hanging up the phone. "I'm gonna fight for you," I whisper to my bump. "No matter what it takes," I sigh yawning I walk up to the bedroom laying down in the bed. My eyes flutter shut and soon I'm completely asleep.