Chapter Nineteen

"I'm sorry I have to drag you into this mess," I curl in a ball facing away from him.

"What mess?" He walks towards me
and grabs my hand. "Baby I promise I won't laugh or freak out I just wanna know so I can help you," he gives me a pleading look.

"I'm pregnant." I turn to face him. His jaw dropped and he tried to process it. "See I told you, go find Katrina." I roll my eyes and turn back away.

"No princess I didn't," I cut him off.

"Don't call me that. I'm sick of it. We're not dating and we don't seem to be friends either so," I shrug. "Why the hell do you keep using those stupid names?"

"Because Reese I might not be any of that to you but you are everything to me." He tries to turn me so I face him but I grab his hands.

"Then why Shawn?" I throw his arms away from me. "Why did you laugh at me for the fact that my parents are gone? Why did you go and date Katrina because you know how much that hurt me?" I cross my arms.

"I'm sorry Reese," he turns my head so I face him and kisses me. It's not sloppy or full of tongue but slow and meaningful. I try to evolve it but he doesn't let me. When he pulls away he has tears in his eyes.

"Shawn," I pout. "Baby come here," I hold my arms out and give him the tightest hug I can.

"I won't let you down again. I promise just please give me another chance," he cries onto my shoulder.

"Shawn," I sigh pulling away from him. "You know I love you with all of my heart but I don't think we're ready," I kiss his hand. "We can still both be in this child's life but we won't be together." I touch his soft brown hair. "Ok?" I run my thumbs over his cheeks.

"Sure," his voice cracks as he nods. "I suppose that's what's best," he swallows looking at the floor. "I-I should go. B-but call me w-whenever you need me or just want someone to talk to." He sighs kissing my cheek. "I'll always listen," he turns away walking out the door.

"Reese," Ian's voice is impatient and angry until he sees me and it goes soft again. "Why'd you send him away?"

"I said he could still parent but us being together isn't good for either of us," I shrug.

"Reese," he sits on my bed. "Shawn just got a record deal," his fingers run threw my hair.

"W-why didn't he tell me?" I shiver of fear.

"Because he says he won't go if you can't forgive him." He sighs.

"Get me out of here," I start panicking. "He deserves to go," I pout.

"I'll call him." He rests his hand on my knee. "Calm down though. Ok? You have to stay for a little longer." I simply nod and watch as he walks away. Butting my lip I stare at the door waiting for him to come back. His arrival was quick but his head hangs low and he moves slowly.

"Shawn," I pout as he sits on the edge of my bed. "You should've told me," I sigh kissing his cheek.

"Why? You would've changed your answer," he shrugs. "At least now I know where we stand." He sighs.

"No baby, please take this offer." I touch his hair and he grabs my hand.

"Stop," he commands.

"Shawn please I just wanna," he cuts me off.

"Stop," he growls. "You don't want to take me back and that's fine but I promised I would stay here with you so I could be around whenever you need me so I won't take the offer because I want to be with you. I want you to know you're not alone and I want our child to live a stable life." He stands up.

"Shawn," I cry. "Don't go," I plead.

"Shawn," I shift on the bed.

"Lay down," he growls.

"Shawn," I sob placing my feet on the ground.

"Lay down," he growls again.
'A.
"Shawn please," I beg beginning to walk towards him.

"I said lay down," he sighs turning and carrying me to the bed. "I'll go," he looks to the ground and I perk up. "But I need one thing from you," he touches my hand. "I need you to come with me so I can prove to you it'll be worth taking me back, ok?" He connects our hands.

"Ok," I nod. "I will I promise," I smile at him.

"Can it start now?" He looks up.

"Well I suppose but I thought you wanted to," I was cut off by his soft lips against mine.

"I love you," he smiles and pulls away.

"I love you too," I blush as he walks out. "Your daddy's got me weak," I seek to the barely visible bump.

"He does now does he?" Shawn walks back in.

"I umm, I was just, I didn't mean to, what I was trying to say was, I didn't mean it like that?" I finish cocking my head to the side as he laughs.

"I just forgot my phone." He smile lifting it off of the table beside my bed.

"Stay?" I whimper sounding much more desperate then intended. "I don't like being alone." I whisper the last part.

"Ok," he smiles sitting in the chair. "I'll stay." He stares.

"Reese," the nurse walks in. "We're gonna keep you till tomorrow and see what you're like then and you should be released but for now try and get some rest." She smiles walking out.

"Will you," he cuts me off with a smile.

"I would love to," he smiles and walks over to me and climbs in the bed behind me.

"Thank you," I whisper cuddling into him.

"Anytime, I love cuddling you,"