Chapter Thirteen

I close my locker walking towards my physics class. Shawn wasn't here, I had texted him but got no reply. I worry slightly but don't want to seem clingy so I text only once.

"Ms. Matthews," mrs. Reid walks next to me. "I just wanted to thank you for your help with mr. Mendes. He's actually beginning to understand." She chuckles.

"Anytime mrs. Reid, I actually had fun," I smile at her.

"Have a nice day ms. Matthews," she smiles walking towards her classroom.

"Thank you mrs. Reid and you too." I turn the opposite direction to my physics class.

"Slut," girls walk past me mumbling things to me. They were all mad that I had Shawn but they can't get him. I don't ever let them get to me though.

"You're not good enough for him," someone scoffs and I roll my eyes placing my books in my physics class.

"Hey baby," Shawn smiles at me.

"Where have you been?" I pout. "I was all alone with the name calling and the teasing," I kiss his cheek.

"I'm sorry I'm late baby," he gives me a hug.

"Baby why is there lipstick on your neck?" I move away from him as a girl walks by giving him a wink and a flirty wave. He waves back and smiles.

"It's yours baby," he nods turning back to face me.

"No it's not," I step farther away. "Tell me the truth," I cross my arms.

"Baby," he sighs giving me a pout.

"Don't call me that," I yell drawing a crowd.

"No Reese you don't understand." He sighs.

"Was our whole relationship just a lie? God, I can't believe I ever trusted you." I throw my hands in the air.

"No please Reese," he begs. "You know I love you," he walks towards me.

"I thought I loved you," I moved only to be blocked by his deranged friends.

"You broke him once not braking him again." Carter rolls his eyes.

"Reese let me explain?" He wipes the lipstick off of his neck. "I didn't ask for this," he gives me a sad look.

"I didn't ask for you," I yell at him. "I shared with you my pain Shawn," I could feel the tears.

"And baby I listened," I cut him off.

"Have fun slutting around," I yell at him.

"Your brother would be so disappointed," he yells. "If he were still here that is," he smirks a little.

"You bitch," I yell letting tears fall down my cheeks. "I thought you cared about me." I yell walking out of the school. "Ian," I sniff into my phone.

"What's wrong?" I listen to the jingle of the keys.

"Can you come get me?" I sit on the front steps.

"Yeah I'm on my way," he hangs the phone up hurriedly. I sat staring at the road in from of me.

"Your parents," Shawn walks out onto the front steps of the school.

"Yours are alive Shawn, so stop trying to drag mine into this." I scream. "I can't believe you would do this to me. You watched me at their graves." I cried harder.

"Hey, hey, hey, what's wrong?" Ian walks out of the car walking towards me.

"I wanna go home," I cry. "He lied to me," I point.

"What'd he do?" Ian hugs me tightly.

"He showed up covered in lipstick, he denied it, and then he dragged Nathan into it." I sob. His face drops at the mention of my brothers name.

"Reese," he sighs squeezing me tightly.

"Is there something I'm missing here?" Shawn rolls his eyes and crosses his arms.

"Nathan was my only friend, for so long." I cry. "We used to do everything together, he would bring me to the basket ball courts to play with him. He did everything with me because no one else would." I sigh. "When he died I lost a piece of me am piece it can never get back."

"I trusted you," I sniff. "That was a mistake," I look up and walk to the car. "Now if you'll excuse me is like to go join my family," I sit in the passengers side seat of the car.

"You fucked up big time," Ian shrugs. "And you won't be able to fix this one in a day." He walks towards me in the car.

"I thought he cared," I sigh. "He said he loved me," I let tears roll down my cheeks. "I told him I loved him." I watch as we drive away.

"But you do Reese." His hand grasps mine. "You're just going through some complications," he tries reason. "Remember your parents?" He tries.

"I don't wanna talk about remembering them because that's all I can do right now and it's gonna kill me," I sigh as we pull up to the curb by our town house.

"What'd you do with my medicine?" I medically smoke marijuana for times like this. I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia when I was ten, and I've had anxiety problems since. My family was always very supportive to me and did everything very carefully so it didn't hurt me in anyway.

"It's in the medicine cabinet," he sighs. I haven't been in need of it for a while but I suppose I'll have to start again. I get out of the car and he follows as I walk inside to crab the joint and lighter. I stick the cold stick between my lips and walk out front before lighting it.

"Reese?" Shawn's voice shaky. I breath a puff of smoke in his face and stand up walking towards the gate. "Come on please?" He begs. "I didn't meant to hurt you so bad." He sighs. "I though if I used your family you would come back crying on my shoulder," he admits. "But you ran,"

"I don't want to talk to you," I shrug.

"Fine but your life will be miserable. Mark my words Reese, mark my words." his voice slowly fades.

"He's gonna hit me again," I throw the bud of my cigarette into the ash tray.

"Again?" Ian walks over. "As in he's hit you before?" His arms cross.