Chapter Forty Six

"They wanna come back and talk to you," I cuddle Reese on the couch.

"Ok," she shrugs kissing my cheek.

"Are you gonna be nice to them?" I brush her hair onto her shoulder.

"Yes," she nods as the doorbell rings.

"Good cause they're here," I smile pausing the movie we were watching while Ian answers the door. She lays across the couch in front of me while I lay behind her. "Hi," I smile at them.

"Hello Shawn," they nod. "Hi Reese," her brother smiles.

"Hi Nathan," she smiles back. Her parents stay cross armed at the door. "Shawn, darling can you get Adam for me?" She pouts.

"Of corse love," I stand and jog up the stairs and to his room. "Up?" I smile as he raises his arms. "Good boy," I lift him into my arms and begin towards the stairs.

"Reese," her parents say sternly as I hold Adam at the top of the stairs. "We don't want you seeing that boy anymore." They cross their arms.

"He's only upstairs you know," she retorts.

"Reese our decision is final we also want you to move back in with us." Her mother nods.

"Yeah so you can fake your death again?" She laughs bitterly. "No thanks, I'm not gonna leave my boyfriend or my son," she shrugs. "Shawn," she calls gently.

"I'm coming darling," I call back smiling slightly. "I had to change his diaper," I lie.

"Hi baby," she smiles taking him into her arms.

"Can I?" Nathan smiles sheepishly.

"Yeah sure," she smiles at him. "Wanna go see uncle Nathan?" She walks towards Nathan. "Hold your hands out," she explains. "Ask him if he wants to come,"

"Wanna come?" He smiles doing as Reese said Adam leans forward.

"Good boy," I smile.

"So what's his condition?" Nathan asks while playing with his fingers.

"He has moebius," Reese explains.

"Oh that's a tough one," he sighs.

"How do you know?" She challenges.

"I'm a paediatrician," he explains.

"And you didn't know right off the bat?" She crosses her arms.

"I wanted to make sure," he smiles. "So tell us about your wedding?" He smiles changing the subject.

"Well I'm going dress shopping with my girls in a few days and Shawn's getting tux fitted." She grabs my bicep. "And we've got our date and place along with caterers." She gushes.

"You look really happy together," Nathan smiles.

"Thanks," she nods. "Maybe you could walk me down the isle," she squeezes my arm while looking at her fathers hurt expression. She takes Adam from her brothers arms. "You want some dinner?" She smooths out his hair. She leads me into the kitchen and her family follows. "Shawn, darling can you go upstairs and get him some pyjamas so I can change him after he eats?"

"Sure things babe," I smile at her as she begins feeding him.

"He's a bad influence," he mother brakes out. "I don't like him around you or my grandchild," she shrieks.

"He mended what you broke mom, you wanna tell me what's right from wrong when you faked your death because you were an unfit parent?" She scoffs.

"He seems like a nice kid," Nathan defends.

"But he's not good enough for my daughter," she squeals.

"Get out," Reese scoffs while I walk down slowly with Adams clothes.

"No, you are going to move back home and dump that idiot you call a boyfriend." She points as I walk down.

"Are you gonna leave me?" I pout at her while she wraps her arms around my waist.

"No, of corse not," she kisses my cheek. "I love you," she says loud enough for her mother to hear. I just sniff against her shoulder. "I said I love you," she whispers.

"But darling your parents?" I sigh hugging her tightly. "I love you too," I kiss her cheek while she kisses my neck.

"And my mom isn't going to decide weather I'm with you or not," she plays with my hair. Ian had gone to his room and refused to come down. "Ian," Reese yells.

"What?" He groans trudging down the stairs.

"Never mind," she rolls her eyes. "Shawn'll help me cook, won't cha babe," she giggles pecking my lips.

"Always," I smile.

"So new years resolution?" Nathan smiles at us.

"To be a better parent," Reese nods.

"You're an amazing mom," I argue kissing her cheek.

"Yours?" He looks to me while feeding Adam.

"To be a better boyfriend," I lace our fingers together.

"You," I cut her off.

"I'm never home, I'm never here when you need me," I list. "I just wanna be here for you." I kiss her nose.

"I love you," she kisses me gently.

"I love you too," I smile pulling away.

"I won't stand for this," her father growls.

"Do you really want the rest of your children looking like that," her mother squeals. Ian's jaw drops as does mine while Reese's eyes fill with tears. She grabs Adam from the high chair and walks away.

"What's she doing?" Nathan looks at me for help.

"There's many things you can say to Reese that will not phase her but if you drag Adam into this," I breath.

"Things get ugly," Ian finishes. She wipes his cheeks before slipping on his jacket.

"Where are you going?" I run out and in front of her.

"Anywhere that they're not," she points. "Adam doesn't deserve that," she lets a tear fall down her rosy cheek. Ian walks over grabbing the child as she cries against my chest.

"Hey, hey, sh." I kiss her forehead in attempt to calm her. "I'm sure she didn't mean it as a bad thing," she sniffs looking up at me with hurt all over her face.

"Are you siding with her?" She cries taking Adam and running up the stairs. I sigh walking back into the kitchen.

"You're not going after her?" Nathan gasps in pure shock.

"If I do she'll leave," I sigh looking at the ground.

"You've been nothing but rude to poor Shawn and now he risks his relationship to protect yours?" Nathan gasps at his mother. "Bad example my ass," he scoffs.

"Nathanial Matthews," his mom gasps. "Watch your profanity," she scolds.

"Watch you attitude," he retorts. She just turns red and groans.

"Lets go Elliot," she grabs his hand.

"No," he shakes his head.