Road Trip

This song is my favourite song and I used a clip from a scene from my favourite TV series American Horror Story.

I stare ahead at the long highway stretched before us. It's just Dan, me, and the open road from here.
The noon sun shines down on from high overhead, making the road appear to disappear in waves, only appearing again as we near them.
I extend my hand out of the open window, letting the wind control its movements. I don't mind the cool feeling of air rushing around my skin. In the midsummer's heat, it feels refreshing.
Seven Wonders by Fleetwood Mac plays softly in the background. I sing along with the melody of the song, not caring about hitting the same notes as Stevie Nicks.
Dan gently squeezes my other hand, which is in his grasp. Despite my distaste in my own singing voice, Dan insists that he loves it.
I peer over at him and he gives me a wink, grinning at me. I feel my cheeks grow warm. I stop singing.
"Hey, why'd you stop?" He asks. "Don't let me interrupt you. I was quite enjoying listening to you, babe." He looks back out the windshield.
I continue to sing, this time a little quieter, knowing he's listening. A few moments later he begins to sing, too. "Let's see who can drown out Stevie Nicks."
"Really? Dan, my darling, you know I can scream."
"Fuck yeah, I do." He smirks. I didn't mean it in the suggestive way, but I know he does. I just laugh.
Suddenly it turns into a singing competition, both of us belting out the lyrics as loudly as we can, trying to out-sing the other.
Dan sounds much better than I do, but I don't care in this moment.
Soon Stevie Nicks' voice cannot be heard over our own and I'm sure that anyone around can hear us clear as day.
By time the song ends, we're both breathing deeply, and the silence in the small space seems deafening.
We both burst into a fit of laughter, and it gets bad enough I fear Dan will have to pull over. But he controls the vehicle with ease.
Finally when we've been composed ourselves and Take On Me by A-ha is playing, he grins at me.
"I love you, baby."
I smile back at him. " I love you too."

http://my.w.tt/UiNb/ZSPajTiKgB
Check out the Dan Imagines series by galacticturtles
Her writing is amazing 🌼
I love it to death, and I'm sure you all will too! ❤

Also sorry this part was so short and I haven't been writing. I've been really depressed and anxious and I've been finding no motivation to write. But you guys are my motivation.

Thanks SO MUCH for 22.2k reads. You guys are amazing, I love you. ❤❤❤