Part 3

Danny's POV

I hear the clicking of heels and I look up. I see (Y/n) as she slowly descends the staircase. She looks up at me and she smiles as my eyes meet hers.
She is so beautiful. My heart beats a little faster.
She reaches the landing and she wraps her arms around me. "Hey, Danny." She sighs.
"Hey," I say, hugging her tight. "You look great."
"Thanks. You do, too."
We release from our embrace. "Are you ready to go?" I ask.
She nods. I walk her to the door and she closes and locks it behind us. We walk down the steps and to my car. I open and close her door for her before I go to the driver's side. I start the car and pull out.
We talk as I drive and in little time I pull into the parking lot of The Bloated Toad. The lot is half empty, but there are still quite a few cars. Thankfully it's not super busy tonight.
We head inside and are seated in a more secluded booth. A little while later a young, blond waitress gives us our menus. I feel her eyes run down my body, but I ignore it. I'm here for (Y/n) and no one else.
I look through the menu. The barbecued shrimp sounds good.
"What are you going to get?" (Y/n) asks, looking over at me.
I think for a moment. Yeah, I'll get that. "The barbecued shrimp and baked potato. What are you thinking about getting?"
"I think I'm going to get the bacon, cheeseburger and salad."
As if on cue the waitress returns.
"Hello, are you ready to order?" I feel her eyes on me as she talks, as if I'm the only one here.
I motion to (Y/n) who states her order, then I do the same. After a few minutes the waitress returns with my beer and (Y/n)'s chocolate milk.
We talk about things as we wait for our meals, and then while we eat. When we finish I see her reach for her purse, but I gently touch her hand. She looks up at me and I give her a wink. "My treat." I whisper.
At this point it's almost 8 and the sun is mostly set. We don't bother to drive down the road to the beach.
When we get there she slides off her heels, carrying them in one hand. I do the same with my socks and sneakers.
The sand is still warm from the hot LA heat, but it is beginning to cool.
I like the way it feels under my feet. I need to do this more often.
I take hold of her free hand as we walk down to the gentle waves.
The sun is just at the horizon and the sky is a beautiful pink, purple, and brilliant blue. I look over at her face. The sky is nothing in comparison to her beauty.
Her gaze meets mine, but I don't look away. After a long moment, she says "What?"
"Nothing." I reply, grinning.
She grins, too.
I remember her conversation from today. And I know I have to tell her. I can't keep this from her.
"Hey, I should have told you this earlier, but I overheard you talking with Suzy today."
All the colour drains from her face. She stares at me blankly. "Uh, excuse me. What?"
"I went to ask Suzy about that game and I overheard you telling her about how you... Like me."
Her face turns crimson and she groans. "Uh why?! Danny..."
"Hey, it's okay." I smile at her, but she still looks away, utterly humiliated.
"(Y/n), let me tell you a secret."
She finally meets me eyes. Her face is still red. She's cute when she's embarrassed. She blushes so easily.
"I have wanted to tell you this forever. But I..." Suddenly I feel my foot sink quickly and I let out a cry and I fall forward, my foot deep in a hole. I accidentally take her down with me and I feel her underneath me as I land.
I look down at her and she looks up at me. Then she grins.
The moment seems so perfect. As if in a movie our faces seem to slowly draw closer and closer. Then our lips touch and I feel as if my lips are on fire. I feel like I've finally gotten all that I've ever wanted. And all I've ever wanted is her.
Lying in the sand, we kiss. The ocean waves lap over the shore and they almost reach us, but not quite. Even if they did, I wouldn't care. Nothing could ruin this moment.
Time seems to disappear as she gently tugs my curls. I run my hands over her sides. Then I let my tongue dart into her mouth, tasting her for the first time. She meets mine with hers.
This kiss is wonderful, though I can tell that her mouth isn't as experienced as mine. I feel like I've been missing out.
After the sun has sunk low in the sky I break from her lips.
The bright moonlight causes her skin to appear white, like stone.
"What was that secret you've wanted to tell me for forever?"
"I know it's early, but I've felt this for so long. If you don't feel the same, that's okay. But, (Y/n), I'm in love with you." It feels so good to get that out, to finally be telling her how I really feel.
"Dan..." She sighs, looking away.
I know I shouldn't have expected her to say it back. I really wasn't, but that doesn't make me any less disappointed.
"I think I l-love you, t-too." She stammers.
My eyes widen. Did I really just hear that?
I jump to my feet, leaving my shoes and socks in the sand, and I pull her into my arms. I pick her up, twirling her around like a little girl before I place her back on her feet.