The Decision

~Warning: gore~

I peer over at Dan as he picks up the gun. His eyes meet mine and I can see the fear in them that I feel.
"Only one of you is leaving this room alive or neither of you will." A deep, creepy voice announces over the PA system. "In order for one to survive, the other must give their life. If not, you both will die."
My eyes widen as do Dan's. And then I hear a loud slice sound behind me.
Dan raises the gun, bringing it toward his own head.
I hear another slice sound, louder than the last one.
"Dan!" I scream. "What are you doing?!"
"One of us must die." He says simply, pressing the gun against his temple.
"DON'T YOU DARE!" I scream, tears now streaming down my cheeks. "Don't you FUCKING dare!"
"I love you, (Y/n). I love you so fucking much. You don't deserve to die."
"And you do?!"
"Come on," he breathes. "I WON'T LET YOU DIE! YOU CAN'T DIE!" He begins to weep.
The slice sounds closer.
"Dan! Let me die! Please, don't do this to yourself!"
"I can't let you die, okay?! I love you too much! I told you that you were getting out of here alive... and I meant it. You'll see the light of day again. I promised."
"Who cares about a promise?!" I scream. "I love you Dan and I can't live without you!"
"Don't say that... You are strong. You can do this. I know you can."
I sob bitter tears. "Dan... please!"
"You've done more for me than you could possibly imagine. You brought sunlight to my darkest days. You are everything to me. And I love you so much." He slides his finger over the trigger.
"Dan! I love you! Please, no!"
"Goodbye, (Y/n)." He says softly. And then he pulls the trigger.
A loud bang fills the room, and blood shoots everywhere, coating me and the room in sticky, warm liquid.
"NO!" I scream. "NO! OH GOD, NO!"
Dan's body lies lifeless on the floor, a gaping hole in his skull, blood and other gory contents quickly leaking from the wound.
The slice sound from behind me stops and the restraints around my limbs disappear, releasing me.
I try to stand, but fall onto my knees on the cold, cement floor.
And in the blink of an eye, the light at the end of my tunnel was snuffed out, leaving me in complete darkness.