Pregnant- Part 2

Danny's POV
After we finish recording I head upstairs. (Y/n) is sitting on the top step. She looks up as I reach her.
"Hey, babe." I say and gently sit beside her. She looks distraught. I think she may not be pregnant after all. The thought makes me feel disappointed and sad. I want to be a father.
"Hey, Danny." She says quietly. After a few moments she takes my hand and she begins to trace her finger over the lines on my palm. "Is everything okay?" I ask her.
"Yeah." She replies. Something's up. I know when she's upset or if something is on her mind.
"You sure?"
"Yes, I'm sure." She whispers.
I pull my hand from her grasp and wrap my arm around her waist, pulling her close to me. She hugs her arms around my torso, resting her head against my shoulder.
We sit in each other's embrace for many minutes. I peer down at her. She just stares off into nothing. I reach up and gently brush a loose strand of hair out of her face. She meets my gaze.
"You look upset, hon. Is there something wrong?" I say gently.
"No, I'm just tired, that's all." She smiles, but it doesn't touch her eyes.
I rest my cheek against the top of her head.
Eventually Arin emerges from the recording room, laptop in hand. He pauses briefly when he sees us, but he doesn't say anything. He slips past us and disappears.
* * *
That night during dinner (Y/n) doesn't really eat. She just pokes at her chicken with her fork. Something is bothering her. And I need to know.
I set my fork down and look at her.
"(Y/n), something is wrong. And don't tell me it isn't. I just want you to know that when I said 'I do' that was my way of signing up for everything- for better or for worse, remember? I'm here for you. I'm your husband. And I can't help you if you don't talk to me."
She lets her own fork drop. She looks down and she buries her face into her hands. Finally, she looks up.
"Danny, I'm pregnant."
I sit there and stare at her. She is pregnant. She is pregnant after all!
"You... You're pregnant."
She nods and her lip quivers. She bites on it and she looks away from me, tears filling her eyes. "I know that we didn't plan on getting pregnant for a few more years. I wish I had realized that we weren't protected. And I should have planned a doctor's appointment sooner instead of waiting. I'm sorry, Dan. I know this will be hard, but-"
"Do you think I'm angry at you?" I question, getting up.
She looks up at me, tears rolling down her cheeks. "Well, I thought that maybe you were because..."
"(Y/n), sweetheart, I am not angry at you at all!" I walk over to her and pull her trembling form into my arms. "I am really happy. Do you know what this means? This means we are going to be parents. I am going to be a dad and you are going to be a mom." I look deep into her eyes, smiling wide. I take her face between my hands. "We are bringing a life into existence. Isn't that amazing?" I gently wipe the tears from her cheeks with my thumbs. "This is not worse. This is better. You know, I said I wanted to wait for kids, but knowing that I'm going to be a dad... It makes me wish that I hadn't said that."
She begins to really cry and I pull her close. "Why are you crying, babe?"
"I wuh-wanted to be a mom so bad, but I waited for you and nuh-now I'm going to be a mom and I was suh-so afraid that you didn't want kids and that maybe you'd luh-leave or-"
"I would never leave you." I say firmly, holding her tight. "Never ever. And I promise to never make you feel this way again. But we need to talk to each other. I need to know how you're feeling."
"Okay." She says against my chest.
We stand for a long time in each other's arms. She leans up and she presses her lips onto mine. She wraps her arms around my neck and I grab onto her waist. Then she buries her face into my neck.
The minutes tick away, but I don't notice in this moment. It feels perfect. It's just her and I in each other's arms.
Finally she lifts her head and she peers into my eyes. I smile at her and she smiles back. I reach down and I place my hand over her rock hard stomach. How did I not notice this before? Inside of her tummy is our baby. It seems so surreal. I just shake my head. "I am so glad our doctor is as slow as balls when it comes to making appointments."

Abby from the future: this is kinda cringey