Super Hero (Part 1)

Author's note: (Y/l/n) stands for "your last name"

"Ms. (Y/l/n), we have a bit of a problem on our hands." Thomas says, walking into my bedroom doorway. I peer in my mirror and see him behind me.
"What's wrong?"
"There has been a bank robbery downtown and the culprits escaped. Police have located their hideout and they want you to go stake it out."
"Such simple work. Why don't they let me do any of the dirty work? I want to punch some faces and kick some butts!"
"Now, Ms. (Y/l/n), you know that you can't fight. Your arm is still recovering from your surgery. Don't forget, you broke it."
"I didn't break my arm, Thomas. That stupid drug lord did." I get up from my chair and walk over to.my dresser. I open the top drawer and retrieve a bra and panties.
"I know that you didn't break you own arm, but you should know what I mean. Now you should hurry, they need you to be at the police station in a half an hour."
"Okay," I sigh as I follow Thomas to the door. "Guess someone's got to do the boring stuff."
I close the door behind him and pull on the underwear. I walk over to the transportation tube and step inside. I press the button and the tube travels down to my underground lair.
I walk over to the glass case and pull my super suit out. I slip it on.
I hear Thomas enter the large area behind me.
"A suit specifically designed to withstand bullets, radiation, extreme temperatures, blades, and all of this other stuff, but I still managed to snap my arm in half." I say.
"You're quite dramatic, Miss."
"I do have a flair for the theatrics." I pull on my cape and then my boots.
"Ready to go?" Thomas asks.
"Yes. Open the doors!"
The ceiling above our heads slides open and I soar into the evening sky.
I dodge skyscrapers and taller buildings. I reach the police station in little time.
I sit through the boring conference, as they explain what I need to do. Then I go stake out the wearhouse.
Finally, I get to go home.
I take a shortcut and fly through a sketchier part of the city. Suddenly, I hear someone shouting for help.
Finally, some action. I think to myself.
I drop to the ground, my feet landing almost silently on the pavement. I listen closely. It's not far. I follow the cries and find a tall, lanky man with dark, curly hair backed up in an alleyway, several bulkier men beating him up. The poor man on the ground attempts to shield his face from their blows, but he gets a kick to the nose. Blood spews out, running down his beautiful face and onto the pavement, as I step into the alley.
"Excuse me!" I shout at them. They all immediately look up. One of them laughs. The biggest of them steps away from the group, waking over to me.
"Hey, toots. Come to play?" His words are menacing, his expression dark. "Cause we could have a lot of fun with you."
"You're disgusting, you know that?" I say, resting my hands on my hips.
"Shut up," He hisses. "Or I'm gonna make you regret it."
"Will you just give it up already? I have things to do."
"Guys, leave that pipsqueak alone. Get her."
They leave the poor guy alone and the turn to me.
"Just keep your mouth shut and we'll go easy on you."
"What are you gonna do?" I say. Then I press my l pager. "Have some cars ready, I got some thugs coming for you."
"Nice costume. Too bad it isn't Halloween, which means that it'll have to come off."
They circle me and then I spin in a circle, extending my arms, punching them all in the face at once. The men fly backward, hitting the ground and brick walls of the alley.
One stays down, clearly knocked out. The others stumble to their feet, uttering threats.
I punch one of the guys on my left, kicking the guy behind him. I continue until they are all down.
I look to the beautiful stranger lying on the ground, his body trembling. I walk over and kneel on the ground beside him.
"Hi." I say softly. I reach up, gently brushing loose curls out of his eyes. "Are you okay?"
He reaches up, wiping a bloody hand under his nose, just to get more blood on it. "I don't feel great."
"Well, I wouldn't expect you to. You just got beat up." I smile.
"I feel lightheaded. I think I'm gonna pass out."
"If you think you are, don't worry about it. We'll get you medical attention."
"O-okay..." He trails off, his eyelids fluttering.
I take off my cape, wrapping it around his body. Then I pick him up, hold him tight, and fly to my home.
"Thomas, get medical personnel to our medical facility. I'm bringing someone in."
I feel a strange protectiveness over this man. I don't want to leave him.
When I get back, I carry him inside and into the medical facility. I set him gently on the bed. I explain the situation and they begin to work on him. I take my bloodied cape back and sit outside of the room, watching them do their thing. I hope he's going to be okay.
Finally they finish. They leave him to sleep and head home. I go into the room and sit beside his bed, pulling off my boots and mask. I wonder when he'll wake up.