Parenting

I feel the bed jostle and I hear a giggling. I open my eyes just as I feel a small body crawls​ over mine. I peer down and see a full head of thick, curly, brown hair in my vision. It's Adam.
"Mommy, daddy, wake up! We have to get ready for school!"
I see Dan stir beside me.
"Hey, buddy. I'm awake. I'm up." I say. He snuggles against me and I wrap my arms around him. I kiss his forehead. Liam comes wandering in. He rubs his eyes with the back of his hands.
Dan sits up and Liam climbs in beside him. "Daddy, Ally woke me up cause she was crying."
"What? She was crying?" Dan asks, his voice deep and groggy.
"Yeah. She was crying."
"Oh. We'll go check on her. You boys go make your beds then mommy will make you breakfast. Okay?"
"Okay, daddy." Adam says and they climb out of our bed and rush to their room. I sit up and stretch. Then I put my glasses on. I climb out of bed.
"I'll go check on Allison." Dan says as he stands up.
"Okay." I respond and he exits the room. I grab some jeans from my dresser and change into them. I also put on a long sleeved black shirt. I quickly brush my hair and head in to check on the boys. They're just finishing. I go across the hall and see Dan holding Allison. Sure enough, she's crying. He gently rubs her back in comfort. I go in and sit beside them.
"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask Dan.
"Her ears and her tummy hurt."
"She has an ear ache? Aww honey." I gently stroke her long, curly, blondish-brown hair.
"Okay. I'll call the doctor to schedule her an appointment. And I'll also call the school to let them know she won't be in today. I'm gonna head down to make breakfast." I look toward Allison. Her face is a ghostly white. That worries me. "I'll grab her a garbage can, too, cause she looks really pale."
"I'll get the garbage, hon. You get the boys ready. I'll look after Ally for the time being," Dan says as he lays her down. He walks over and he leans in, kissing my lips. "Okay?"
"Okay." I say.
I jog downstairs where Liam and Adam are waiting. I get them each a bowl of shredded wheat and strawberries. I also get them a glass of orange juice. While they're eating I check their agendas and make sure their finished homework is packed. Then I send them up to get dressed. I hand wash their breakfast dishes and pack their lunches. Then I go upstairs to see how Ally is doing.
I notice the bathroom door is cracked open. I open it and peek inside. Ally is kneeling down on the floor, her head hovering over the toilet. Dan is holding her hair back and she throws up. I frown. Poor little girl. That explains why she was acting kind of weird last night.
I make a mental note to pick up some Gravol today.
As per usual, Liam needs help buttoning up his jeans and Adam with his jacket zipper. I send the boys out to the bus, returning to find Dan and Ally on the couch together.
She's lying down, wrapped up in a blanket, her eyes droopy and teary.
"I'm going to run to the store and get some medicine and ginger ale. Do you need anything?" I say.
"Nope. I'm good. Love you sweetheart."
"Love you, too." I repsond and I grab my keys and purse and head out.
When I return I find them back in the bathroom. I wait for Ally to finish her business and give her some medicine. She mentions that her head is bugging her and she asks to sleep in our room. We get her a bucket and lie her down.
Dan heads in to work, leaving me and Ally at home. I crawl in with her and she snuggles close to me. The medicine makes her drowsy, and she soon falls asleep. I stay awake and just hold her.
I peer down at her young face, seemingly younger in her slumber. She has Dan's nose, his eyes, his curly hair. I gently rub my hand over her back.
I don't even notice that I passed out until my cellphone dings. I open my eyes, blinking a few times before i reach over and pick it up. It's time to get the boys in from the bus. I slept quite a while. Ally also hasn't woken up to get sick, which means the medicine is working.
I carefully climb out of bed, tiptoeing across the room, quietly sliding the door closed as I leave the room.
I get the boys, telling them to be quieter, as to not wake their sister. I get them some crackers for a snack and they watch some TV before they head up to do their homework. I put some chicken in the oven and check on Ally. She's awake and she's snatched my phone, watching an episode of Markiplier on it. She seems happier and her face has returned to its normal pigment. "How are you feeling, hon?" I ask as I sit beside her. She smiles up at me. "Better. But my ears still hurt."
"We'll see the doctor about that tomorrow. But your tummy doesn't hurt?"
"Nope. It feels good."
"Good. Are you hungry? I can make you toast or something."
"I'm starving."
"You're not starving, love."
"Yes I am."
I get her some toast and she curls up on the couch while she nibbles on it.
Dan returns just as I'm setting the table for dinner. He was in quite late today. I kiss him as he comes in.
"How's Ally?" He asks.
"I think she's probably done throwing up, but her ears are still bothering her."
"Okay."
He sits with the kids and I lean against the doorway, peering in at my little family, feeling a sense of bliss.
My sweet little family...
The phone rings from in the kitchen. I turn and go to retrieve it.

Can we just appreciate that beautiful fluffy pineapple up there okay thx

❤❤