0.1: The Library

"I'm flying!" My little sister, Sopheary, yells, as she run down the hallway with her arms spread out like wings. I placed the pen between my lips, trying to zone her out. This AP Biology exam is going to be the death of me if I don't study. Sopheary comes running back down the hall screaming at the top of her lungs once again.
"Sopheary, please be quiet!" I yell, but the screaming and yelling doesn't stop. I slam the textbook closed, and shove all my notes into my backpack. "I obviously can't study here." I mumble. I grab my keys, and head downstairs.
"Mom, I'm going to the library. I can't concentrate with Sophie running around screaming." I say.
My mom nods her head, keeping her eyes on the sizzling pan of garlic. I get into my car and drive to the public library, as I zone out.
The parking lot is full as usual. The cars pack the whole lot. "Jesus, why is there, so many people here?" I say to myself, as  I pull out of the public parking spot. I decide to park behind the library, where the employees usually park.
I head inside the library, with my backpack in hand, there is no open seat in sight. The tables are full of people studying or just messing around. As I walk down the rows of tables I recognize a few faces, but they don't seem to recognize me. I continue to walk around looking for a place to study, and there is not a single free seat, so I headed to the very back of the library. The only people who sit back here are the kids who smoke and make out.
My stomach turns when I see that the only free seat is next to a guy who has his black hood pulled over his head. Should I risk sitting next to him to study?
I nervously walk over. "Umm, can..I sit here?" I ask, pointing to the seat next to him.
He barely looks at the seat before he nods. "It's all yours." He says.
I sit down and pull out my notes, trying to ignore this guy next to me. The feeling of a looming glare ate away at me, as my arms scan the paper. Just look over. What's the worst that can happen? I build up all my courage, and take a quick glance at the guy, making eye contact. He turns his face away from me, and my mouth opens and closes like a fish. "Oh my god." Is all I can say.
The thirteen year old me is screaming and fangirling inside, as I recognize the strip of blue in his curly dark brown hair. His face is still away from me. "Don't worry, I won't make a big commotion." I say, keeping my eyes on my notes. He shifts in his seat, trying to ease the tension I know he feels. Ethan Dolan is literally sitting right next to me, and I'm staying calm. Unbelievable.
"Thank you." Ethan says, facing me. I look over his face, taking in the features I always see on my phone. "I'm trying to stay on the down low."
"I figured." I chuckle, and I force my eyes back onto my notes, as I try to calm the fast beating of my chest.
"Did you want a picture?" Ethan asks.
"Only if you don't mind. I don't want to bother you." I say.
"You aren't bothering me. Now if you screamed and jumped into my lap, I would be a little bothered." He says, as he wipes his hands on his jeans.
"Well, if I was still thirteen, definitely. I think I was borderline obsessed with you, but now I'm not that crazy." I say, as I laugh nervously. The idea of saying the wrong thing in front of my celebrity crush nerves me.
He laughs. "Wow, did I ever notice you on Twitter or anything?"
I quickly shake my head. "If you did I wouldn't be alive today. I'm surprised I haven't even stuttered." I say. My phone buzzes in my hand, as my best friend, Julia's name flashes across the screen. I decline the call, and open my camera. "So that picture you offered me, are you still down?" I ask. I don't know where all this courage is coming from.
"Of course, but you have to take the picture, unless you want a blurry selfie." Ethan says, as he puts his arm on the back of my chair.
"Why? You nervous to meet me?" I jokingly say, as I throw my hair over my shoulder.
His teeth appear from behind his lips, as I give him the weirdest wink.
"I'm always nervous to meet a fan. I don't want to say the wrong thing, you know?"
I nod my head, and lean closer to him, putting us both in the frame. "It's the same for us fans. Getting your attention is hard." I say.
"You have all mine." I think I hear him say, but I'm not sure. It might just be a figment of my imagination. Besides, why would he say that.
I try to clear my head, and smile at the camera. I take a few pictures, and look at them. "Ew, look at my hair." I scrunch up my face, as I reopen the camera. "Can we take a few more?"
"You're hair looks fine." Ethan says chuckling, as the two of us lean back into the frame.
"Okay, ready?" I ask, as I take a few extra shots.
"Mhm." He says, and with that I feel his lips press against my cheek. I snap at least a hundred pictures, before I lean back into my seat.
"Thank you." I say. "Now, I'll leave you alone so you can go back to doing whatever you were doing on your phone." I pick up my pen, and look back into my notes.
"I was just texting Grayson."
"Damn, I forgot about Grayson for a second." I mentally slap myself.
"It's fine, he's not as cool as I am." He says, and I raise my brow.
"Um, not to poop on your party, but I'm what the fans consider a Grayson's girl." I tap my pencil on the desk, waiting to see his reaction. His eyebrows furrow together, and he leans forward.
"Then you're in the wrong lane." He whispers, and I laugh loudly, earning a hush from a few people around me. "Why are you in his lane anyways?"
Why am I in Grayson Dolan's lane? Maybe, because he's hot? But so is Ethan. Grayson's funny, so is Ethan.
Ethan stares, as he waits for my answer. "Honestly, I don't know. I guess you could say he drew my attention in first." I say.
He nods his head. "You better swerve onto my lane now, though. We're practically best friends."
My stomach feels as if its filled with butterflies. 'We're practically best friends.' His words continue to replay in my head.
"Best friends? More like acquaintances." I smirk.
"Wow, you're just going to set me down low on the charts like that?"
"You don't even know my name." I say, as I raise my brow. I cross my arms over my chest, and look out the small window, just above the table. "By the way, my name is Sky."
"That's a cute name."
"Complimenting my name isn't going to bring you up." I chuckle.
"Then what will bring me up?" His face looks desperate for the answer.
I look around to see if anyone has noticed him, but it seems that no one has. "Tell me why you're here in Houston, because you're not supposed to be here until what, two months from now?" I look back at him. "Unless there's a personal problem, then don't tell me."
"No, we have a friend down here that we're visiting, before tour goes all crazy." Ethan says.
"That's cool." The conversation slowly dies, so I go back to studying. The silence digs at me, telling me to say more to him, but I don't.
"Sky," he says. "There's this party at my friends house." The clock ticks loudly, and I bite my lip. "I was just wondering, I know this is so fucking weird, but I thought maybe you want to go?" It sounds more like a statement then a question.
My eyes go wide, as my heart rate picks up again. "You want me to come to a party. With you?" The shock clear in my voice.
"Yeah," Ethan says.
"And you think that will be okay?"
"Why wouldn't it be?" He runs his hands through the front of his hair, and adjusts his hood.
"Because you barely know me, and I'm a quote on quote, fan." I say. "You're just going yo bring me to your friends house, where I could get his address and spread it?"
"But I know you wouldn't." He smiles.
"True," I say. "When's the party?"
"Tomorrow."
I open the calender on my phone, and check my schedule. "I'm free, I'll just have to check with my mom."
"Okay, that's fine. Just text me your definite answer." Ethan says, as he scribbles a phone number onto the corner of my notes.
"You're just going to give me your number like that?" I can not believe this is happening to me of all people.
"Like I said, I know you wouldn't give it out." He smiles.
"Here, I'll give you my number too, because I might forget to text you." I say, as I tear the corner of my note off. He shoves the number into his pocket, and looks at me.
"I really hope you can come, Sky."
"Me too." I say.

"Mom, you will not believe who I just met at the library." I say, as I walk into the kitchen.
"Who?"
"Ethan Dolan, you know, one of the Dolan Twins." My cheeks are sore from all the smiling.
"Really? That's cool." She pours the soup into a large bowl.
"Cool? More then cool, he invited me to a party!" I can't contain my excitement any longer.
"No, you can't go." She says.
My smile falters, as her words register into my brain. "Why? Please." I beg.
"Because I don't know this boy."
"Mom, I know him." I say, as my tears fill my eyes. "I'll be careful, extra careful." I cry.
"Stop crying, Sky." Her tone was harsh.
"Mom, I work my butt off at school, and keep my grades high. Why can't I go to one party?"
My mom sighs, and I know I've gotten through to her. "We'll see what your dad says."
I quickly thank her, and run upstairs to my room.

My dad agrees to let me go to the party, and I've never been happier.

~<3~

A/N
Okay, so I wrote this in 2016, but it is currently April 17, 2019. I wanted to rewrite the chapters, because they were so cringy. I can't say it's much better now, but its more bearable to read.
Also, thank you guys so much for almost 10k reads, I am so grateful. I love you guys for all the support!
Don't forget to vote and comment!

[Fully Edited and Rewritten 4/17/19]