Chapter 9: Michael, Music and Me

Börja om från början

Michael sat down on the stool by the piano and began messing around with different chord progressions that could go well with the song. "Ariana, sing this line for me, after I play these notes." Michael instructed me pointing to the first line he wrote on the notebook, followed by a melody that's being played on the piano by his musical fingers.

"You and I must make a pact," I sang the words, mimicking the melody that was played by Michael earlier. Michael looked satisfied with the sound as he ushered me to write the chord progression and the notes down. "Then it goes," Michael muttered, finding the next melody to play for the next line, by trying different chords.

Shortly later, Michael found a new tune that could go well with the next lyric, "We must bring salvation back," I sang the melody Michael demonstrated on the piano once again, and told me to write everything down.

Observing Michael, his song writing skills is top notch, professional level maybe. He can do this assignment all by himself and still get an A, easy.

Michael and I got the melody and chord progressions for the first verse done when the final bell rang for home time. Mrs. Connelly dismissed us and I caught up to Michael, who's already on his way to his motorbike in the parking lot. "Hey Michael," I called out, stopping him on his tracks.

Michael spun around, giving me an annoyed look, "What is it? Do you want me to take you home, little girl?" There he goes again. "Uh, no, I've got my car," Michael then rolled his eyes at me and started to walk away, mainly because I already got a ride home. "But I was just asking if we can go to each other's houses to, you know, work on that song." Michael stopped walking, slowly turning his head to me, as if he was on the fence on whether to meet up with me or not.

"Do you have a piano at your home?" He asked me, "Or any instrument?"

"Yes, I play the piano too," I placed my hand on my chest, indicating to myself as Michael fully turned himself back around, "Good, I'll see you Friday after school, your place." Michael said as he headed for his bike. He didn't even check if I am available on Friday, he just told me to meet up with him at my place, like he's confident that I'll be there no matter what.

I walked to the direction of my car and started the engine as I looked at the ticket on my dashboard from this morning, "Better get this sorted out then." I was then on my way to the police station to pay my speeding fine.

When I arrived, I saw a familiar bike parked near the station. Don't tell me this guy-

Michael walked out through the doors with a focused look on his face, like he needs to attend to something later. Michael hasn't seen me yet, but I don't know if I should follow him to where he's about to go. The universe just love to bring us together.

"Michael doesn't want you to know him too much, it might cost you a lot of things." Pan's voice echoed in my head from the conversation I had with him at the tree earlier. Maybe I should respect the information Michael wants me to know, for now.

As soon as Michael was out of sight, I parked my car in the parking lot and walked in the police station.

"I'm here to pay my fine," I told the police officer who's sitting at the front desk. She pulled out an EFTPOS machine for me to swipe my card. "May I see your licence?" The police officer asked. I gave her my licence to type in the details on the computer, probably removing points. "Ariana Grande, I heard you are the type that stays out of trouble, I would never expect you here."

"I do, I was just unfortunate to get caught." I said, thinking about the things I've done so far since I met Michael. The police officer then gave me back my licence and said, "Stay out of trouble Ms. Grande."