Chapter Eighty - Confessions

The following day, I woke up excited. Jax was up before me as I heard the shower run. Looking to my right, I saw the two baby monitors.  Bentley and Ella were fast asleep inside their beds and slowly, I woke up with the rising sun. The sun shined through the glass window and satin sheets. As I covered my face with the blanket, I heard Jax sang in the shower. His soothing voice calmed me as I closed my eyes. My hands reached to his side and I recounted our last night’s encounter.

After bringing the kids to bed, we relaxed in ours as I rested my head on his chest. For once, I felt complete like my whole life was peaceful and I didn’t need to run or fight my battles of my past anymore. Then when I remember the countless times with my mawmaw, or when Lady abused me, or when Nurse Olie did the unthinkable, I cringed. I was unwanted. No one really ever wanted me but when I was with Jax, I felt loved. A piece of my mind knew I was destined to be with him and every night, our love making session only exceed the last.

The door from our bathroom opened as smoke emitted through the room. The lights of the bathroom clicked off as Jax entered our room. I smiled at him as I released myself from my cave.  I looked at him and noticed his sky blue towel wrapped around his waist. His black hair glistened with the rays of the sun beaming from our windows. I laughed and threw a pillow at him. “Stop being so hot,” I teased as I looked at him.

Jax laughed along and took his suit from the closet. He carefully unzipped it and brought it out. Fine grey pants with a white shirt and bluish grey striped tie emerged from the package. I looked at him as he picked each item up and scrutinized over it. Then without another moment to spare, Jax dropped the towel to the floor as I covered myself with the towel more.

“What’s wrong, Vivi?” He asked.

I giggled foolishly and turned away. “Oh, you know. I’m still in bed, half naked.” I winked at him.

Jax raised his thick eyebrow and then turned away from me. “You wish. However, you’ll get it tonight.” He said as he planted a soft kiss on my forehead.

Groaning, I watched him put on his boxers and then his shirt. I got off the bed and walked to my vanity. I stared at my reflection and sighed. Jax was behind me getting his outfit on as I combed my hair.

Luscious brown curls fell from my bun as I untied it. My oval face was plain. I had almond blue eyes with a piggy nose. My blue eyes faded into a lighter shade as I combed. I had on my light pink silk lingerie as my breasts curved to the opening. Sighing, I got up and looked at him as he dressed in front of our standing mirror.

“You’re beautiful.” I whispered.

Jax turned around and thanked me, “you are too.”

I nodded and watched him in awe. The babies started rising and I heard Bentley whine through the baby monitor.

“It looks like another joyous day with the kids.” He said.

“And this baby too.” I laughed as I pointed down to my round belly.

I grabbed my robe and placed it around me as I opened the door to the hallway. Across from us was Ella’s room and when I opened it, Ella popped up from her bed. “Out, now!” She commanded.

“Alright, your majesty.” I sighed. I lifted her up and placed her down. I heard her wobbled to the bathroom.

Then I walked past the bathroom to Bentley’s room. Bentley was up and holding the rails to his crib, crying.

“I heard you, mister! Stop your crying.” I calmly said as I lifted him to the changing table. I threw on a new underwear and clothes and then placed him down.