Chapter Fourteen - Derby Dirty Secrets

Traveling Vivian

Part Fourteen

Author’s note- Slightly inappropriate child abuse.

The next few days flew by like a blur.  We spent most of our days playing around the house and around the town. Lady would bring me to her friends’ house and luckily, we didn’t get to go to that brunette lady’s house and I was glad. I really did not want to see her again. She tried to kill me in my own bathtub and what was worse? It was disturbing when she tried to touch me.  I remembered the next day after that event, I woke up late and when I did, it was already lunch time. I did feel sore and sticky down there too. Lady questioned about it but Daddy just thought it was a diaper rash. It took a few days for the soreness to go away and sometimes I wobbled. Lady insisted to call for a doctor but Daddy wanted to wait for a few more days. Soon enough, the pain went away and I was again being me.

The next week, Lady and daddy were getting ready. They packed their bags with numerous clothes and decided to pack a few things. They packed a bag of my things and daddy patted my head. I looked at them from the upstairs bathroom to their room to my room. Lady went to the play room and patted my head. “We are going for a trip, Vivian.” She said as she gave me a blue crayon to draw.

“Where we going?” I asked inquisitively.

“We are going to the Kentucky Derby. Daddy loves horses and he always has his own box that we share with a few friends, okay?” Lady said as she took a piece of paper and started drawing.

I nodded and looked at daddy as he went to my closet. He pulled out a yellow poofy dress gown and nodded. He pulled a white sun hat that was adorned with yellow plastic flowers. “Honey you think this is perfect for the Derby?”  He asked Lady.

Lady placed her crayon down and looked up at him. She smiled and nodded at him. “It’s beautiful for her!”

Daddy agreed.

Finally we were off to the airport. Daddy took our plane tickets and walked past the waiting lines of passengers and went straight to the booth. The lady looked through our books and nodded. She called for someone through the big black remote and shortly after, a big man in a polo shirt and blue slacks came up to greet Daddy. He said something to daddy then daddy nodded to us. We walked towards the man and daddy as the man led us into the airport grounds. We saw planes flying or landing all over the yard. The man led us to a small blue jet.

I was in awe of how big it really was compared to me. It was as big as the house.

“Mr. and Mrs. Callis, this is your private jet. The HM 230. We will be traveling to Louisville, Kentucky and into your private lot there. Are you ready?” The man asked.

Daddy nodded as the gates opened and two strong men helped us up into the jet. I was in awe the moment I stepped into the jet. It had at least twenty seats. A glass bar and right next to it was a television screen mounted on one of the walls in front of the round booth.  They had a small crib to the left of the entrance. I knew that was my crib to sleep. Immediately, Lady placed me down and I ran to the toys. Daddy walked to the bar and poured himself a glass of brandy and Lady walked to one of the chairs that had a mini tub for the feet. Lady rang a bell and two ladies emerged from the back of the jet.

“Hello, ma’am. I am Harriet and this is Juliet. We will be serving you for your trip to Kentucky. What would you need?” The taller one asked.

“ A foot massage, pedicure, and someone to grab me a Caesar salad with salmon!” Lady said as she turned on the little tub.

“Oh and get little Vivi something to eat. She might need some apples!” Daddy said as he drank.

The girls both nodded and went back to the back.