Chapter FiftyEight - Rekindled Friendship

Author’s Note- The top two paragraphs I wrote for an essay for school. I decided to squeeze it in this chapter because I liked It honestly. It’s totally not relevant to the story but whatever.

It was fall and I felt the cold breeze swept against my skin. The coolness of the air and the crisp scent of it mesmerized me into different memories. Fall was the sign of leaves changing; weather temperatures dropped drastically, and long pants and sweaters. Fall was the sign of autumn treats as well. Apple crisp, baked goods, apple cider, and pumpkin pie just melt your brain into extreme food frenzy.  The orange aurora skies making your days go by quicker. Autumn was the time to relax and enjoy the festivities.

As a child, you may say you could enjoy the fall weather. The back-to-school shopping and the overly joy of excitement one had to go to school. You also felt the pressure of trying to fit in and how all your teachers were like. But most know that fall was also a sign of good holidays. Whether it is Trick or treating or Thanksgiving, it was a delight season to experience.

However it wasn’t for me. Fall was the time where I would worry about what I would do. I had no friends and I struggled with school. I didn’t know how I could possibly take care of myself but I had hope.

Riding on a bus on the freeway and watching bustling working men and women exiting off the road made me wondered. Were they stressed out about their lives as I was? I didn’t know if I could possibly make it. Life was a struggle. I knew I couldn’t rely on anyone but myself.

I wrapped my days with a solemn reading as I sat on my desk, trying to imagine solutions for my struggle. Sometimes I become so caught up, I felt the tears streamed down my face. I was worried about the fear. The fear of losing everything we worked hard for. Calvin said I shouldn’t worry because he had it under control but I was worried. We had so much bills, living in our own house. We had rent, food, utilities, and cable and phone bills. I didn’t know if we were ready honestly.

And to add, I was pregnant. I was so pregnant and I just couldn’t wait for the baby to be born. I was five months along the way and it was going to be Christmas. And with every Christmas tradition, Calvin’s family invited us over. Aunt Patty stopped acting all psycho and decided to bring us back in the family. We had Christmas shopping to do and most of all, we had to save money.

I sighed as the cold wind blew. Calvin kept the window open because he said our apartment started to smell musty. I looked at him while he worked out on a baby swing. I wrapped the blanket around me tighter and snuggled to the couch, flickering to channels.

“Vivian, I heard about this new girl. Her name is Linlee.” Calvin said.

I snorted and sipped my tea. “Yeah so?”

“A lot of the guys told me she was a hottie.”

“Yeah and she’s a slut.” I yelled.

Calvin dropped his screw driver and walked to me. “What’s wrong baby?” He asked.

I growled and looked at his unfinished work.

“Tell me.  Did she call you names?” He asked.

 His deep brown eyes changed to blue and I watched his eyes as he stared at my lips. “I knew her before.”  I whispered.

Calvin pulled from me and kissed my lips. “How?”

“She was my adopted sister.  And she became my adopted sister again. We were raped by our adopted mother but she enjoyed it. She enjoyed the attention our adopted mom gave her. When she told Linlee to touch me, she actually did it. I was so traumatized.” I whispered against his lips.