Chapter TwentyNine - White Angel

Traveling Vivian

Part 29

Silent days filled my stay inside the hospital. I kept a tally of days in one of the walls. I used my crayon and wrote on the walls. I looked at the wall where I drew my tallies and it took up half the wall already. I stayed in my room, afraid for the future. I couldn’t remember the last time I wasn’t so afraid. Maybe when I was separated from my mawmaw was when I felt so depressed. i stared into the ceiling. I remembered waiting for the days my mawmaw would returned to me. However when the police brought me back to the Lady’s and Daddy’s big house, I lost all hopes of being with her. I do not know if I will be into a new house. It seemed like I was going to stay here for a while. I looked at the ticking clock and I watched the seconds moved until it finally hit minutes.

I was tired of drawing and coloring. I read all twenty books. I read them probably twice or thrice. I even remembered the words to each book by heart. It was too boring to be here. I drew pictures of It probably thirty times. All her pictures were under my bed. I drew one of her wearing a pink dress. She was holding flowers in her hand as she walked along the sunny day. I knew Linlee was probably in a better place than I am. Her dad paid a big sum of money so she would be in the better foster house while he left me stranded in a mental hospital where I was to be a nobody.

I looked at the clock until it hit half past noon. The bell buzzed loudly as the doors started bursting opened and I knew it was lunch time. I hopped off the crib and walked to the door as I stared at another new young nurse. She had long blonde hair as her eyes were as big as a peanut. I stared at the lady walking down the lanes and checking off the list. She got to my room and looked down at me, smiling.

“you must be Vivian. I heard a lot from you from Nurse Olie.” She said slowly.

I looked up at her and smiled. I was not sure if I should be afraid of her. Maybe she was going to touch me too. “Hi.” I quickly answered.

“I’m Ana Gretchen. I’ll be your temporary nurse until Nurse Olie gets back from her vacation, okay?” She said.

I looked down at my toes and nodded. Maybe I should be relieved that that horrible nurse was gone for a week or so. But I was not. I do not know if this lady was just as bad as her. I stared at her eyes and she gave me a genuine smile. She continued to walk down the halls. I watched her walk away. She was very fit. She had a big butt as her hips swayed. I looked away and walked back to my room.

I took a crayon and started drawing her, slowly. I drew her face first especially her big eyes. Her big eyes was probably the best feature she has. I continued to draw until something flashed before my eyes. I remembered her by the way she talked to the other nurses. She was the damn lady who almost ran me over when I tried to escape Lady’s and Daddy’s house. I dropped my crayon on the floor and cried. I walked away from the drawing and out to the halls. I crashed my head into an end table that the flower vase on top of it crashed to the floor. It landed on my head as I felt the water coming down from my head. I cried out as it made a huge lump on my head.

“Oh no! Vivian!” One of the nurses cried.

“I’ll get her. She is my patient.” The new nurse said as she grabbed me. She picked me up as she walked us to the first aid room. She picked out the pieces of glass that was on my head and then threw it out. She noticed the blood that rushed from the scalp as she quickly grabbed alcohol. Ana grabbed a cloth and dabbed the alcohol on it. She wiped my head as I screamed out in pain.

“I know it hurts, little girl but it’s the only way to stop the bleeding.” She said.

I looked away but clutched tightly to my skirts. It was too painful to bear.