Chapter SeventyEight - Christmas Proposal

It was like a rude awakening for Jax when he woke up. It took the nurses time to figure when he was capable of returning home.  It took me two whole days to explain to Jax about the events and that I was expecting our first child together.  Jax was surprised when I showed him the belly bump and the ultrasound pictures but deep down, he was excited for our bundle of joy. And to be honest, it was like being a family again and it was the feeling I never want to lose.  

I brought in Ella and Bentley to see Jax when it was his departure day.  Bentley called Jax daddy and when he saw Jax, he wobbled to daddy and held on to him. Ella wasn’t sure what to think about him but I wanted us to be happy.
“Daddy?” Ella said.
I nodded and kissed her cheek. “Yeah! Daddy is here. See Ella? He will be spending Christmas with us!” I exclaimed as Ella touched his cheek.
Jax let out a hearty laugh as he rocked Bentley in his arms. “Oh, how I miss my beautiful kids and my lovely wife.”
I smiled and kissed his lips. “Can’t wait to just go home and snuggle on the couch, watching our shows.” I whispered as I relaxed my head on his shoulder.
Jax’s breathing paced slowly with mine as I curled my hands with his. Ella went off the bed to grab the teddy bear. Bentley laid on top of Jax’s chest.  “did the tree get put up yet?” He asked.
“Of course. Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I even put up your stocking.” I said as my eyes focused on the television screen that shown sports playing.
“Well, from the looks of it, we might have to move from that hotel. I was thinking to open a business down in the south, maybe a car shop?” Jax asked as his eyes lit up.
I got up and looked down at him. “Are you serious? You would give up mobbing and all that to actually be a decent civilian?”
Jax nodded. “It is the best decision to make when we are expecting a baby. Maybe we can start looking at some houses?”
Instantly, I grinned and brought out the tablet. I unfolded the case and turned it on. We skimmed through the websites and Jax’s plan was to move down to South Carolina. I didn’t agree much, knowing how much I hated the south and the hot weather. I shook my head as Jax went on to the next state over.
“How about Louisiana?” Jax asked.
Instantly, I remembered home for a brief moment. I looked at him as I felt tears swell in my eyes. I couldn’t do it. It was too much. I haven’t been back in Eager for over three years. I didn’t want to go back either. There were too many hurtful memories, including memories of Phil and Calvin. I looked away from Jax and stared at Ella. Knowing how much Ella reminded me of Phil, I wanted to check back with Phil and meet up with him but I did not want to deal with the whole heartbreak feeling ever again. Then I remembered all the events from my childhood. It was too much for me to bear.

Jax’s hand lifted my chin up as he gaze in my eyes. His luscious brown eyes melted mine as I looked at him with tears. He held me close to his body after putting Bentley down. “It’s okay, baby. What’s wrong?” He asked as he planted a soft kiss on my forehead.
“It’s too close to home.” I whispered.
“ah. That’s nothing to worry about. What about Maryland then?” He asked. “It’s not too far from here and we definitely can get a place and be there by next month?”
I rubbed my eyes and nodded. “The faster, the better.” I answered as he typed in the search box for homes.
Jax kissed my lips again and after a minute or so, I felt relieved and happy. I started to think everything was going to be okay. Maybe it was.

Christmas swept past us within a breeze. Before the whole festivities, Jax told his clan about his departure. Since he was the leader, he ordered them to either help with his car dealership business or to leave this business forever. Most left but a few stayed. They still called him by his mob name which bothered me but they were willing to move down with us. 

We went Christmas shopping for the kids as well. We bought Ella a dollhouse with three new babies and a pony bouncy ride for outdoors as well as bike. For Bentley, we got him more developmental toys and puzzles. When Jax wasn’t looking, I secretly got him a new tablet, a sweater, and more items for the car. However, I knew exactly what I was getting…. A new car. We got a few stuff for the new baby and immediately, Jax sent them to ship right to our house. He bought us a five bedroom two-story colonial house with a farmer’s porch, including a beautiful garden in the back because Jax was enthused with growing his own food. As Christmas approached, we were also packing to move away. Ella didn’t quite understand why we were moving but as hard as I tried to explain, she will never understand. I did like it in New York City but the drama was too much and I didn’t want all our lives to be in jeopardy.