"I know, I understand." I sympathise. "You know Harry, she loves you. She would be proud of you, you're so strong."

Although I had good intentions, it only seemed I had worsened things with his body wincing in response to my words. His eyes shoot to mine, and soon, down to the floor. His body tensed and guarded.

"She wouldn't. I've let her down."

"What makes you say that Harry?" I inquire, lowering my eyebrows. "She's your mother, of-course she would. Don't put yourself down like that."

"I've made mistakes." He croaks, avoiding eye contact.

My heart broke at the pain in his voice.

"Harry, everyone makes mistakes." I say, gently tilting his face to mine. "She loves you regardless. You're working on yourself, and that's all that matters. She would be proud of that. Please, she's your mother, she would only want you to be happy and safe."

He smiles slightly.

"Thank you," he whispers.

*

The rest of the day was spent in Harry's arms, talking and overall just getting comfortable with each other again. We just wanted to have a day that felt like normal again. I put movies Harry hadn't seen, making him watch all the ones I loved.

I guess all this stuff wasn't a norm for Harry. He never really had a relationship before or experienced that love he so very needed. I was glad he was settling in to a more comfortable and secure setting. Better than being out in the late nights involving himself in nothing but mess. He deserved a second chance at only bettering himself. So does everyone that has the right intentions.

Regardless of ones mistakes, if you are intending to make things right and act only with love in your heart, then no one should be able to stop you from doing such a thing. There's too much evil in this world already. People deserve a chance to learn and improve.

After, it was to bed where I was in his arms once again and felt his lips brush against my neck. I had missed this so much, him so much. Whilst he was troubled by his own past, I only knew he had love in that heart of his. That was enough for me.

*

Walking down the stairs, a knock on the door causes my eyes to dart to the door. You could tell Harry just woke up because you could hear a groan coming from upstairs. I walk up to the door and swing it open to see not one face but three.

"Ari!" Liam smiles.

"Hey guys," I smile.

"Is Harry here?"

Before I could lift my mouth to reply, the loud thumping sound of Harry coming down the stairs interrupts us, pulling his top over his head.

"Who is— what the fuck are they doing here?" Harry shouts.

I feel his towering body beside me now as the guys stand awkwardly at Harry's cold welcome. He glares at Louis, clenching his jaw.

The facial expressions before me transition: eyes widening slightly, faces loosening and eyebrows lifting in surprise at the close proximity of Harry and I whose arm had slithered it's way around my waist.

"I told you to fuck off," Harry says.

"Look, we just wanted to apologise," Liam says. "I guess we didn't consider how you were feeling. We just wanted what was best for both of you."

Harry releases a sigh.

"Are you guys... good again?" Zayn interrupts.

Harry smirks. His eyes wonder to Louis.

"We are. Oh hey Ari, did you know that Louis thought we shouldn't be together,"

My mouth parts as my eyes draw to his whose eyes travelled elsewhere.

"I didn't mean it in that way." Louis mumbles.

I bite my lip.

"It's fine Harry, he was only thinking for what was best for both of us. Let's just leave it." I profess.

"Ari–"

"Harry just leave it," I insist.

I hear a few chuckles from the guys at Harry's frustration. I smile, it lightened the mood a bit and I just wanted things to return back to normal. Despite this, I could feel Harry's gaze on me, irritated by my comment.

I let the boys in, watching Liam, Harry and Zayn walk into the living room and collapse onto the couch.

A sense of normality was returning, something we all desperately craved.

"Ariana," a voice calls. "I just want to apologise personally. I thought I was doing the best thing for both of you."

"Louis, honestly, there's no issue here, don't apologise. You had good intentions, and being realistic of course. Harry just overacted. Give him time." I smile.

We wrap our arms around each other before parting and letting Louis join the guys on the couch.

I walk up and lean on the door frame of the living room, seeing the three of them. Harry had disappeared but Niall suddenly came into mind.

"So where's Niall?" I ask.

"He's getting a tattoo finished, he'll be done soon." Liam informs.

"What tattoo?" Harry says from behind me, startling me.

"The lion tat," Zayn says.

"I'm getting one soon," Harry states.

"Of what?" I ask.

He pauses.

"I am not sure yet," He replies, his eyes wandering away.

"I'm glad you two have sorted things," Liam voices.

The boys all agree and Harry rolls his eyes but smirks.

"Me too," I smile.

My eyes glide over all of the boys.

"So what's the plan for today?" I ask.

Liam turns his head to look at me.

"You wanna go out?" He asks.

"Why not?" I shrug.

"What are you feeling?"

"I feel like we all deserve to go out for dinner tonight?"

The guys look at each other.

"Yeah sure," Liam smiles as the others agree.

I smile. "What time?"

"We'll go soon," Harry interrupts.

"What about Niall?" I ask.

"I'll call him and let him know. He should be done by now anyway," Louis says.

I nod whilst moving out the way for Louis to leave and inform Niall.

I couldn't help but let a smile crawl onto my face as we finish making the plans. It would be nice to go out and eat with the guys and catch up. I just wanted things to return like they used to be.

~
♡ ♡ ♡
— Please vote and comment, it means a lot. —

Thank you so much for over 19,000 reads and for all the votes and lovely comments because it means a lot. I love reading your comments!