Back To School [Narry]

If there was one thing Harry loved, it was greeting the new students at the beginning of the year. Oh, no, he wasn’t the student council spokesperson or anything like that; he just really really liked getting first dibs but, so far, the new students were not his taste.

At least until Harry’s eyes zeroed in on this lanky blonde, standing at an open locker with his arms reaching in. He had his head tilted toward the ceiling, his tongue caught between his teeth as he felt his way through his locker, and Harry was interested

Harry sauntered over as the blonde tugged a text book out with a triumphant cry, shoving it into his backpack before he turned back to his locker and Harry leaned against the neighbouring door, waiting to be acknowledged. It took a disgusting amount of time, even though Harry cleared his throat, so he decided that maybe he should speak up. ”Well, hello there,”

Harry grinned wide as the blonde turned to look at him but he couldn’t help but feel completely peeled apart as the blonde looked him up and down with these eyes that made Harry feel like he was being put on trial for some terrible crime.

"Can I help you?" The blonde asked, arching an eyebrow gently as he zipped his bag shut, and Harry wanted to delight in the fact that this boy wasn’t from around here, if his accent was anything to go by, but Harry still felt like he was being judged and he lived to impress.

"No," Harry spoke suavely, crossing his arms coolly over his chest before he leaned in like they were sharing a secret. "But maybe I can help you." 

To Harry’s horror, the blonde snorted and slammed his locker shut, shouldering his bag as he gave Harry a flat look. “I doubt it.” The blonde scoffed before he pushed away from the wall of lockers, starting to head down the hall and Harry rushed to keep up with him. 

"That’s…" Harry swallowed, glancing at the blonde out of the corner of his eye. "That’s quite an assumption there." Harry tugged at the too tight neckline of his school uniform before he grabbed at the blonde’s shoulder lightly to stop him in his step. "You don’t even know who I am." 

The blonde pursed his lips at Harry tetchily before he shrugged his shoulders and he sighed almost resignedly. “No, I don’t.” He said almost far too casually for Harry to be comfortable. “Who are you?” 

Harry never liked to brag but he was quite a legend at the school, so much so that most people would recognize his name so he had no qualms saying it, crooking up his chin with pride just the slightest bit. “Harry Styles.” 

"Oh, my god." The blonde gasped, clapping a hand to his mouth and Harry didn’t even bother suppressing his grin. “You’re Harry Styles?” The blonde squealed, fanning a hand at his face lightly and Harry nearly blushed.

"Yeah," Harry nodded, rubbing a hand at the back of his neck to soothe all the tension out of his body. 

The Harry Styles is talking to me?” The blonde paced around Harry in a slow circle, poking fingers almost harshly into Harry’s sides as if checking he was real but Harry swallowed protests because, hey, the blonde was gushing and Harry was always down for that. ”Oh, my god.” 

Harry grinned and threaded a hand through his hair lightly. “So you’ve heard of me.” 

The blonde looked up at Harry and, without batting an eyelash, he shook his head. "Nope." Harry choked and the blonde took that as his cue to walk away, sauntering away as if he hadn’t just thrown Harry for the biggest loop of his life.

Harry groaned frustratedly as the bell sounded around them and the blonde just kept on walking, leaving Harry behind in the metaphorical dust and Harry kind of wanted to rip his hair out. Harry took a deep breath and glared at the blonde’s back, calling over the sound of people rushing out of the halls in their hurry to get to class. “Jerk!” 

The blonde spun around in his step but didn’t stop moving, still taking careful steps back. Even from this distance, Harry could see the grin spreading on his face. “Bitch.” The blonde called back before he disappeared into the throng and Harry was pretty darn sure that he had just gotten played. Boy, was he ever interested