Break [Narry]

So what if Niall’s voice breaks during his verse in Kiss You? Surely, that does not deserve the endless cat calling he almost immediately receives from the audience.

He can’t help it. He does a runner off stage, ignoring the sympathetic calls from the other boys. He doesn’t want them to be there when he breaks so he runs until he finds an empty office type room and hides under the desk before he curls up and just sobs

He can’t have been there for ten minutes when the door opens and his breath hitches because he thinks it’s the person whose office it is come to use it. But, the door shuts softly and a voice calls out his name. 

"Niall? Are you in here?" 

Niall presses his hands against his mouth to muffle his sobs, curling even tighter and pushing his hands against his head even harder until it hurts but he can’t seem to muffle the whimper that escapes him and he hears a sigh. 

"Niall, please come out. I just…"

Niall blocks out the rest of the sentence, covering his ears with his hands as more sobs choke up his throat. His whole body shakes as he cries and the pressure in his head is nearly unbearable. 

There’s a plop on the floor right next to him and pressure leaning against the thin pallet that separates him and the rest of the room.

He looks to his right and it’s almost as if he can see Harry sitting there, curled up like he is with his head leaning against the desk, eyes shut softly so his eye lashes tickle against his cheeks. 

And Niall looks left, thinking about crawling out but there is nothing he’d rather do than stay here. Except, maybe die.