Donation [Narry]

“Niall?” Harry called out into the house, voice echoing off the walls. “Why is my house empty?” He walked out of his barren living room and into his equally barren kitchen to see Niall sitting on the floor, biting at his fingers nervously.

“Where did all my junk go?” Because, okay, his things were pretty junky - bought at gift shops when they visited other countries and corner stores at a really decent price - but it was his junk and he liked it. 

“Well, I just thought…” Niall started in a stutter before he started biting at his fingers again, skin peeling at the ends of his fingernails. 

“You just thought…” Harry prompted him, flailing his hands slightly to encourage Niall. 

Niall pulled his fingers away again, picking at the little pieces of skin now before he spoke. “Well, the salvation army down the street was looking for donations… of any kind… and I just thought…” Niall tilted his head to the side non-committally and Harry had a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. 

“You just thought…” Harry repeated, now looking about his barren kitchen of which the items must have been strewn around half the country by now. 

“Well, we’re going to be moving in together, aren’t we?” Niall finally looked up to meet Harry’s eyes. “So, that means we’ll have to buy a whole new set of things, right? I just thought someone else could use them.” 

Harry’s heart expanded in heat and he crossed the kitchen to sit across from Niall, leaning in to brush his nose against him. “Yeah, you’re right.” Harry tilted his chin up so that he could press his lips against Niall’s lightly, shuffling closer so that their knees knocked. “Sorry I freaked out.”