Baby, It's Cold Outside [Niam]

"Ah," Liam breathes as he opens the front door, only to be faced with a wall of snow and a doorknob shaped hole about hip height. He shuts his eyes, counts down from ten in his head, before shutting the door fast and he presses his back to it. 

"What’s wrong?" Niall calls from the kitchen and Liam can hear him tapping at the stove frustratedly before a thud and a swear and Niall appears in the doorway, hobbling on one foot. "And why isn’t the fecking stove working?" 

"Yes, well, I don’t expect it will be." Liam pulls open the door again, careful not to dislodge any snow, before he makes a grand gesture out of it and Niall’s shock horror gasp is definitely worth it. 

"What the fuck?” Niall struggles out, reaching forward to poke a finger at it but Liam smacks him away and shuts the door again. It’s already cold enough inside as it is, they don’t need more chill.

You wanted to stay an extra day.” Liam offers choppily, moving past Niall into the kitchen to see if he can get the backup generator from under the sink. 

Niall follows him with a leer, hopping up onto the counter so he has just the slightest bit of height advantage. “And, judging by your attitude last night, you wanted to as well.” 

Liam stops where he’s got the generator by two hands, rests it back on the shelf before he moves over to Niall, fast so Niall doesn’t have a chance to make a half hearted escape. Liam narrows his eyes at Niall for a moment before he leans in to kiss him, just gently, the faint press of lips against one another.

"If I could’ve chosen someone to get stuck in a cabin with," He starts, leaning his forehead gently against Niall’s. "I would’ve chosen someone less annoying." Niall scoffs and shoves him off and, with a cackle, Liam returns to the generator and prepares for the long day ahead.