Shooting Stars [Narry]

“Are we there yet?” Niall whined for the umpteenth time but Harry just ignored him, chuckling slightly as he shook his head - even if Niall couldn’t see because of the blindfold he wore. 

“Patience, babe.” Harry purred, reaching across the car to squeeze Niall’s thigh lightly and Niall jumped at the sudden touch before he sank back in his seat at the inconclusive words.

He let out a huff and crossed his arms over his chest as Harry kept driving and driving and driving until the car eventually came to a stop and Niall’s arms shot up to pull of the blindfold but Harry let out a tut, smacking Niall’s hands away. “We’re not there yet.” 

“Fine,” Niall grumbled, sinking in his chair again as he heard a car door to his left open and shut and the eerie silence of the car set him off so much that he darted his head around as if he could see. The door to his right opened and Harry wrapped an arm around Niall’s waist smoothly. 

“It’s okay. I’ve gotcha.” Harry cooed, tugging Niall out of the car before he shut the door again. “Here, hold this.” Harry pressed something into Niall’s chest and Niall worked it in his hands over it, trying to figure out what it was as Harry started to lead him away from the car. It was soft and malleable with just a hint of starchiness.

“Okay, we’re going uphill now.” Harry said, guided Niall up the incline until they reached a flat surface again and then Harry pulled him to a stop. “Blanket, please.” Harry tugged what Niall now recognized as a blanket softly out of his hands and Niall shuffled in his step as he heard shuffling beside him.

“Alright,” Harry reached out for Niall’s arm to pull him down to the ground and Niall nearly fell in a heap, patting at the ground to find his bearings. “Well, you can take the blindfold off now.” 

“Oh,” Niall breathed, pulling the thin strip off his head before his eyes were assaulted by an absolutely stunning landscape of trees and sprawling hills. “Wow,” 

“That’s not even the best bit.” Harry chuckled, touching NIall’s shoulder lightly before he tugged Niall back. “Look up.” And Niall did, another gasp leaving his throat as he lay back on the sheet and stared up at the millions of tiny pinpricks of light in the sky. 

Harry leaned in to whisper in Niall’s ear, pressing a kiss to it. “Make a wish.”