Unforgiving [Narry]

"Harry," Niall called out into the house, staring down at the slips of paper in his hands. “Why’re there two train tickets to Cheshire on the bedroom dresser?" 

In the kitchen, Harry let out a low curse and pushed away from the sink, walking to the doorway in time to intercept Niall and Niall looked up at him with wide, expectant eyes. “Well, you see… The thing is…" Harry stuttered, scratching the back of his head as he tried futilely to come up with an adequate response. 

"Because, to my knowledge, we’re going to visit my family this weekend…not yours…" Niall frowned up at Harry, handing him the tickets and Harry pocketed them quickly. 

"Y-yeah, I know. It’s just that… I haven’t been home in a month, Niall. And we’ve seen your family, what, like two times in the last three weeks? I just thought… that… it wouldn’t be too bad if I maybe cancelledtheticketsandwewenttomymothershouseinstead." Harry blurted out the last bit of that sentence and averted his eyes from Niall’s face so he wouldn’t have to see his reaction.

"Excuse me?" Niall snapped, clapping his hands to his hips. “Repeat that, will you?" 

"I just thought that it wouldn’t be too bad if I cancelled the tickets and we went to my mother’s house instead, Niall. That’s all. We can visit your parents next weekend, I promise." 

"Harry!" Niall groaned, covering his eyes with his palms as he turned away. “What were you thinking? It’s my brother’s wedding this weekend! I have to be there. That’s why we were going, in case you’d forgotten. Not just because I want to see them." Niall let out a hiss of annoyance before he turned back to Harry. “God, did you even think of even asking me about this first? About how I feel going to your mother’s?" 

"What’s wrong with my mother’s?" Harry asked, defensively crossing his arms over his chest. 

"The way she treats me for one." Niall rolled his eyes, throwing his hands up at Harry’s oblivious nature. Of course he didn’t see the way his mother would shoot Niall disdainful glances and sneers as if he had stolen Harry from her. “It makes me uncomfortable…" 

"She doesn’t treat you any different." Harry said, proving Niall right in his assumption. 

"That is a load of crap and you know it." Niall scowled at the wall because he wasn’t sure he could face Harry right at that moment. 

"What are you saying, then? You don’t want to go?" 

"I’m just saying that maybe if your mother wasn’t so disapproving of our relationship - maybe if she wasn’t such a bitch, I would feel more comfortable at your house." 

The slap was so audible in the silent room that it shocked Harry even if he was the one to deliver it. Niall’s gasp was the second thing he heard and that sent a shiver of dread down Harry’s spine as he knew he’d gone too far. 

"Ni." Harry started, reaching out for Niall but Niall just slapped his hands away, keeping his left hand pressed against his smarting cheek. “Niall," 

"Fuck you." Niall gasped out finally, letting his hands drop as he tugged on the too tight neck of his shirt. “Fuck. You." 

"Niall," Harry begged, reaching out for Niall again but Niall flinched away. “Baby, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it. Please, Ni." 

Niall shook his head and clapped a hand to his cheek again, blinking past his tears. “No. No, you don’t have the right to call me that anymore." Niall pushed past Harry to get to the front door. 

"Niall," Harry started, following him quickly but Niall tugged open the front door. 

"I want you out." Niall sobbed, pointing out onto the frigid night. “I want you to go now." 

"No, please," Harry begged, touching Niall’s shoulders lightly but Niall just shrugged him off and backed away. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean…" 

"Just go…" Niall choked out before he sank to the floor, wrapping his arms around himself as a sob racked through him. “God, just… go."