Chapter 12: Birthday Fun Part 1

Start from the beginning

Dad goes with Erin and the kids in their car and and I get in the car with mom in her car. We drive off to a breakfast restaurant.

My mom decides to turn on the radio. Of course twenty three featuring Miley Cyrus comes on.

I start to sing to it and my mom looks at me like I'm crazy.

"I'm up in the club, high on purp, with some shades on. Tatted up, mini skirt with my J's on

"J's on my feet, J's on my feet, J's on my feet, so get like me

I sing and point to my new sneakers.

My mom laughs at me and changes the station to a Christian radio station.

"Come on."I say a little disappointed. "It may be your birthday but it's still my car."She says.

"Fine."I say.

Soon we get to the restaurant and we all walk in.

"Table for six."Dad tells the waitress at the front desk.

"Ok, right this way."She says and leads us to a table in the back. She sets two kids menus in front of Jazzy and Jaxon and walks away.

"Hello my name is Jeremy and I will be your server for today. Can I start you off with a drink?"He asks.

We all look at dad and he starts to laugh. We join him too. Jeremy, the waiter looks at us confused.

"Did I do something funny?"He asks.

"No it's just that my name is Jeremy too."My dad says and gives the waiter a hand to shake. He gladly shakes his hand and laughs a little.

"Nice to meet you Jeremy."The waiter says. "Now what can I get you as a drink?"He asks again.

"I'll have some orange juice and the kids will have some milk."Erin says.

"I'll have a diet coke."Dad says. "I'll have a strawberry and banana smoothie."I say.

"And for you, very beautiful young woman?"Jeremy asks and emphasizes on young.

"Oh, Jeremy."My mom blushes and laughs at the waiter. "I'll also have some orange juice."She answers him.

"A healthy drink for a fine and fit lady." Jeremy says. "Hey, back off, she's mine."I say and we all laugh.

"I'm serious."I say putting on a serious face. Jeremy looks a little scared and I start to laugh again. "I was just joking." I say.

"I'm sure you were. You're drinks will be here shortly."He says and walks away.

"I like him a lot."Mom says. "It's time you find another man in your life. I mean I'm kinda taken and dad has remarried so I think it will be a good idea."I say.

"I agree. Just try to remember to get his number before we leave."Erin says.
"Oh I will."My mom says and smiles.

I think dating will be a good thing for her. I'll be gone very soon and she'll be all alone. She deserves better than that and I do hope her and Jeremy will work out. If not then maybe another guy will be her true love.

Jeremy comes back with our drinks and we all order our food.

"I'll have the double pancakes."I say. "I'll have the vanilla waffles."My mom says.

"I'll have grits please and will you add some cheese onto it. The kids will both have the happy face pancakes."Erin says. "And I'll have the egg and sausage biscuit."Dad says.

"Sure thing. I'll be back with your food promptly." Jeremy says and walks away again.

"So Justin how is Ariana? Last time I saw her was when you guys offered to babysit the kids so me and Erin could go out."Dad says.